New Customer

(A/N: a bit of gore by the end of the chapter. You have been warned.)

I stretched my entire body as I stepped out of the library and breathed in the freezing evening air. 

As a werewolf I was never bothered by cold but of course the humans that I came across in my usual outfit couldn't feel the same about me. For cost reasons I only buy mid length jeans (or shorts), sleeveless shirts, sleeveless hoodies, snap backs, and cheap running shoes. 

I scratched my cheek as another middle aged men, armed to the teeth against the cold, walked past me with a look of utter disbelief. I know that my terribly light outfit was not suited for this new years season but what can I say? It's my money and my health. 

I leisurely jogged my way through the snow covered streets and greeted each and every shell shocked souls with a warm smile (and a shiver sometimes to make it look like I was cold).

By the time I arrived at the huge department store to meet up with Dan I was happy to find him in an outfit just as light as mine. Team salty, indeed, I snickered inwardly and waved at him gleefully. Dan returned the greeting, minus the glee of course. 

I pushed my snap back further into cover my face and began walking through the department store jostling with people. 

"Is the formal wear section in the second floor?" I asked while glancing at the clock in the store. 

"Third." 

"Is that so? Well then lets get this over with quickly."

And so we did the moment we entered the Hugo Boss section. I just asked for the cheapest set of men's and women's formal wear. 

I grumbled as I changed into the simple black blazer, white shirt, and black dress pants. Dan came out of the changing room with a simple looking tuxedo and plain tie as well. 

The humble design, however, didn't stop the store ladies from swooning at Dan's handsome features and well-built body. Unfortunately, Dan, for now, was not in the mood to pay attention to anyone around him. I could tell from his extra stone cold expression that he was quite pissed about this shopping idea.

To be honest, so was I. I mean, of course buying these formal wears was necessary for us since we had to trick our customers. As I mentioned before, we give our customers the wrong impression that Dan and I are part of a huge secret organization led by the Matchmaker. 

Disguising ourselves as member of huge cooperation gives us a way to hide my power. All our customers actually believe we are mere agents and all the matchmaking process is done by others based on a huge compilation of database on all werewolves.  Also our customers tend to follow through our contract more obediently if we pose as a part of a huge, widespread company.

In order to trick our customers, however, we have always worn formal wears from famous brands to give an impression of employees working for big, influential group. We later realized that keeping this charade even just in front our clients was an unnecessary pain in the ass but what's been done has to continue to maintain trust with current and future customers.

I scoffed at my current look and asked the store lady if buying as a couple would give us any discount. She replied no. I grumbled and Dan almost scoffed after overhearing the news. If only we didn't lose our previous formal wear in a train two days ago then this stupid waste of money wouldn't be taking place but then again oh well.

"Happy now?" I asked after Dan and I checked for the third time all the possible new years coupon we could scramble off the internet and scavenge out of our pockets.

Dan looked all but happy when he pulled out his one and only debit card. He purchased his set first and was about to follow suit when all of a sudden he slapped my hand that held my one and only debit card.