Indifferent

This was getting almost too amusing for my poker face to handle. Sure, things were (mildly) serious at first, especially when 4 bulky men started swinging their fists at me. However after a couple of basic counter moves from my side this fight was turning a bit comical. 

I mean if there weren't for all these other drunks who were still partying in the living room I would've taken this battle with a more grave face (like when I baked my first tray of cookies). The men's deplorable fighting skills did nothing to un-lighten the mood. Now I was just lazily tossing one-armed jabs and slaps at my attackers' faces like I was shooing off flies. The fight was just so hilariously one-sided that the rest of the drunks were cheering.

"Look here now gentlemen." I tried my best to sound earnest while I backhanded another nameless pest. "I think you are all terribly mistaken," (Dodge and hit again). "about me."

I was starting to get worried as I continued to slap these guys. Werewolves' hits, inflicted in human form or not, can hurt even if they were intended to be mere play bites. I guess it was the men's pride and humiliation that were preventing them from backing off in pain. 

I threw a quick glance at the front door behind me before returning my gaze at Katelyn. She really was not looking good judging from her light raspy breaths and burning temperature. Really, the door wasn't hard at all for me to reach; it's just that Adrian will probably not be happy when he finds out (which he will by the way) that I took Katelyn out of her 24/7 prison. 

"Jen-, Ms. Stings!" I tried to reason with the frantic women for like the twentieth time. "I get that you don't trust me at all. So why don't we continue this, eh, exquisite Battle Royale, " (Another dodge and hit). "after I treat Little Miss Katelyn. I promise I won't hightail from-"

"WHAT ARE YOU USELESS FU*KERS DOING!? HURRY UP AND KILL THE WENCH!"

Well, there goes another attempt. Jenna must've really feared getting caught about her affair (or more like her hobby?) by me even more than by Adrian (I bet Adrian wouldn't even care though). I could only see killing intents and intense fear in Jenna's eyes as she continued to scream at the top of her lungs.

As entertaining as these cute sparring, screeching, and swearing were, I was now beginning to feel a bit nervous. I've wasted too much time in this fight right when I am in a situation where every second counts. I had too many messes to clean up about Alpha Gerard, about leaving the meeting all of a sudden, about treating the sick girl, about exposing Katelyn to these drunks, about having Dan deal with my trouble and so on.

I originally thought that Jenna would call this fight off if I dragged out a smidgen of time but looks like nothing could cool down the drama queen's fury. 

I bit my lip as I dodged another attack from one of the men. I was left with no choice. I had to knock out everyone out in this room... which was a risky move. Such feet required me to use more of my wolf strength and speed, which is always a dangerous option. Most humans aren't dumb enough to not realize how impossible my moves already are. Imagine how more ridiculous it would look for a young secretary to knock out a whole bunch of men while holding a kid in one arm. This was why I was trying my best to finish this fight off without being too flashy.

"Oh well," I mumbled. Time was what I need the most right now. With my mind set, I crouched slightly to end everything for good. "I'll play af-"

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

.....

........

............

"AHHHH!" One of men who was attacking me doubled over while clenching his shoulder. But it was too late to stop the blood from gushing out of his wound.