Plan B

"I seriously had a heart attack the moment saw you! And not the love-at-first-sight kind of heart attack but, you know, the normal heart attack that actually could kill you! You might be able to tell judging from my nearly nonexistent wolf presence but I used to be an Omega in my pack. To think that my mate would be an Alpha when I was an Omega, hah, really what are the odds? I feel like a friggin' Cinderella right now and trust me that's a sh*tty feeling for me!"

"...I'm sorry to h-"

"I mean how am I suppose to cope with the fact that the head honcho of, uh sorry what was your... ah, yes the Burning Black Cliff pack. How am I suppose to cope with the fact that the head honcho of the Burning Black Cliff pack is my mate?! Other she-wolves might think I'm lucky BUT that's what they think! As for me I am someone who chose to become a rogue to end the annoying pack life! I- Oh, wait we're suppose turn right from here."

"... I kn-"

"Anyways I have been doing so well for the past 5 years also! Of course that is before the Moon Goddess or Fate or Mother Nature, or whatever other names wolves like to call those cumbersome entities, decided to match the two of us."

"..."

"From the looks of it, it seems like your opinion isn't so different from mine. I bet you don't want a mate also right? I guess I should at least be thankful that I didn't get paired with some lovestruck fool. Ah, don't get me wrong though! It's not like I hate love or anything. I just loathe the crazy things that love can make you do."

"..."

"Anyways I just want to continue living a normal peaceful life as a free rogue and not as a pack wolf. I don't care if I am putting myself at risk or anything. I won't ask why you don't want a mate. What matters to me is that you won't tell Adrian that I am a wolf. Adrian doesn't know that I'm a rogue. I am currently working under him as a human. Can you give me your word that you'll keep our secret?"

"..."

"Hello? Are you with me?"

"... Am I finally allowed to say something?"

"Of course."

"Then am I finally allowed to ask you some ques-"

"Not now. Please give me your word first."

Gerard narrowed his eyes at me and gave me the are-you-serious look. I returned his look with my stern but innocent eyes that honestly didn't reflect my calculating mind. 

Ever since our encounter I have been chattering non-stop to talk about myself as much as I can. My real intention behind all this one-sided introduction was to see how Gerard would react to the ridiculous information/opinions I was throwing at him. It already was a huge plus that Gerard didn't want a mate but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that he will be useful for me. As of now I have been giving him obvious heads up that I am a rogue and that I work under Adrian as a human. 

If only I had more time I would be able to probe Gerard to know more about him and his possible merits in my double agent plan against Adrian. But Gerard told me he had to see Adrian first ASAP so for now I had to make sure he would keep his lips sealed about me. 

Both of us stopped walking and held each other's gaze for a while. It disturbed me that I was having trouble staring into Gerard's deep navy blue eyes without feeling.... uncomfortable. Thankfully Gerard looked away first and continued to walk down the hospital corridor. "Alright, alright, I won't tell Adrian. I don't plan on telling anyone about you."

I had to swallow the scream of ultimate relief and joy that was threatening to explode inside me. He doesn't want ANYONE to know? This was another huge plus for me. And here I was ready to use whatever method possible to keep Gerard's mouth shut when I lured him to the quiet part of the hospital. Yet, more than half the problem was already solved by Gerard saying he'll willingly keep his lips sealed perfectly.