Scarlet Red Claim

This is not happening. This cannot be happening. I mean, this already is happening. But it should not be happening. And thus, this cannot be happening. Therefore, this is not happening.

... 

What the hell am I even saying?

I rubbed my temples with my thumb and my index finger. That did absolutely nothing to ease my stress. 

Alright. Take a deep breath. Let's try this again (for like, the 5th time). I looked at Gerard who was standing next to my right.

"Mr. West." I initiated the conversation with utmost respect. "May we leav-"

"No." 

........... You son of a -.

"Gerard," Chris called out from a distance. "All of us are ready to head back."

"Alright. I would appreciate if you would report back to me when you guys arrive. And also, Luke, could you take charge of the first session of today's training?"

"Got it." Luke, who was already getting the front seat of a Jeep Wrangler, replied. "Just make sure to return back in time for the second session, though."

"Of course. See you all later."

"See you two later as well! I really wish you guys would stick around!" Luke farewell was presented in such cheerful voice that completely contrasted his severe attitude from earlier on. His friendly manner is obviously an act but right now I couldn't care less about it. I waved back at Luke and Dan bowed slightly at him. Our mixture of informal and formal salutes amused Luke greatly. Both Chris' and Luke's mate were in the passenger's seat and eying Dan and me half with curiosity and half with suspicion. But none of them dared to talk to us what the two of us were here for.

Within minutes, the crew in the jeep were speeding off in distance. I continued to rub my temples. 

Gosh, I really wanted my snapback or my baseball cap or something to cover my face. The sun seemed to be glaring down at me so hard even though it was setting over the horizon. Ahh.... I feel as if my sanity and patience are setting over the horizon then into nothingness along with that sun...

"Gerard," I spoke blankly as soon as the jeep was out of my sight. "I know you said you will only keep us in your land just for tonight at most but every minute counts for us, especially when working under Adrian. With that said, what's your reason for preventing us from returning to Adrian?"

"... I'm surprised you asked." Gerard really did look surprised when he turned to face me.

"I'm asking so that I can explain to you how unreasonable your reason is, whatever it may be."

Gerard stared at me with wide eyes then let out a small laugh. "You probably can, because I am being unreasonable right now."

Well, played Gerard. 

That laugh almost threw me off. Almost.

I felt Dan backing off from where he was standing. Both Gerard and I looked over to see him nodding at me before turning to Gerard. "Mr. West, I would like, if I may be so bold, to make a suggestion regarding your plan."

"Please go ahead." 

"If none of us return to Adrian he would definitely be suspicious of us. I do, however, understand your concerns for my partner so I suggest that you, at least, send me back to Adrian."

Gerard looked hesitant to accept Dan's proposal. "I wouldn't recommend that method. I have known Adrian for a long time. He has always been extremely cautious and sensitive to any unexpected changes in his plans."