prologue

My face grows tremendously hot as I breathe into what appeared to be the back of some type of bag, which was thrown around my head. My mind was still bustling with what was going on and why Jade would do something like this, but most importantly, she was alive. And furthermore, she was an alpha.

How?

I didn't have an answer yet to that insane question, but I had a gut feeling that I would figure it out soon. Someone drags me along as I stumbled across what felt to be concrete, but I wasn't for certain. I had a feeling that it was Jade, but her grip was much stronger than what I remembered. Then again, she was a werewolf now, so it would make sense.

I wanted to say something. I wanted to ask whoever was tugging on me what was going on and why they wanted me, but I couldn't do it for some reason. All of that confidence I had when I was dead was gone because well...I didn't have much to lose then. Now I had to fight to stay alive, and I had a feeling that was going to be a lot more harder in Beacon Hills.

I feel something trickle down the side of my head as I try to look up, but it was too dark under the bag to see anything. If I had to guess, it was blood from where Jade had knocked me out, meaning that she must have hit my head harder than what I had originally thought. It felt weird to actually bleed again; to know that I was actually alive.

Other than thinking about all of these things while I was being dragged along, I couldn't help but think of Allison. I kept repeating in my mind over and over again that she would save me, but she left. She's on a plane right now, flying high above over the ocean, listening to some rock band on her phone while I was being kidnapped. She might even be taking a nap right now, waiting to finally reach her destination so she could FaceTime me, but I wouldn't be able to answer. I wondered if she would think I had betrayed her of some sort for practically cutting her off, but I knew better. She would have to think something was wrong and come back...right?

As much as I wanted her to come and get me out of this mess, I didn't want her involved. If these people wanted me, it was for a reason, and if I am able to get out of this, I don't want them knowing that Allison means that much to me. They could use her as some type of leverage that way, and I didn't want her getting hurt. It was the last thing I'd ever want.

All of a sudden the hand jerks me downwards so that I'm kneeling on my knees, my hands still tied behind my back. My chest heaves huge breaths as I wait for something to happen, trying to listen to my surroundings, but it was as quiet as a graveyard. All I hear is someone walk around in front of me, feeling as if I had a million eyes watching me.

"Take it off," I hear a low voice say, almost sounding mysterious. Light floods back to my eyesight as my eyes flick up to the voice, seeing a muscular man standing there with a cane in his hands. It wasn't until I looked at his face that I noticed that he had glasses on, indicating that he was, in fact, blind.

I try and study his facial features just in case, but I stopped as soon as the woman in front of me catches my attention, it definety not being Jade. Red eyes burned into my own as she snarls at me, her teeth poking through her lips. There was something about her that gave me a weird vibe, maybe because she was barefoot and looked like she gave no shits about who knew what she was.

"Well if it isn't the famous Corey Walker," the man says, a smile spreading across his face. It made me wonder what he meant by famous, but I guess I was about to find out.

I grunt as I try to pull the rope that was bound around my hands, but it was useless. "How do you know who I am?"

"Know who you are? Well, it's not that hard considering your best friend told me everything there is to know," he says as his fingers dance along the top of his cane, sending chills up my spine. "It's not me knowing who you are you should be worrying about, but what I want from you."