07. First Day Blues

"You told them about your abilities?" Allison says to me as she reaches into her locker, grabbing a French text book before searching for a pencil.

I lean up against the locker beside her, skimming over the schedule some lady at the office had given me. "Yeah, after the twins came at me, Scott wondered what they had wanted me for. I didn't have much of a choice other than to tell them."

Allison grabs a blue pencil before shutting her locker door. "It's good they know I guess. No more secrets..."

She fades off as her eyes drift to the floor. I could tell then that she was thinking of how Scott had acted towards her earlier today. "Allison, you weren't in the wrong to tell them, okay? They needed to know."

"But I should have told them earlier," she sighs. "Scott has a right to be angry with me. I practically lied to him for months."

I push myself up off the locker, the mint gum in my mouth starting to lose its flavor. "It wasn't lying to him. It was simply just your secret. Besides, I'm sure Scott has kept you from a lot of things too."

Allison scoffs then. "You're right...like how he hid the fact that he was a werewolf and that my family were hunters."

"See?" I nod, agreeing with her. "We all have our reasons to keep secrets."

A small smile spreads on Allison's face, making me bubble inside. It slowly fades away again as she thinks for a moment, her eyes finding my own once again. "Do you think Scott...likes me?"

I gulp then, remembering what Scott had told Stiles that day back at Kate's funeral. He had confessed that he did in fact have a crush on Allison, but other than that, it was totally obvious. He was practically head over heels for her, like how he acted back when we all went ice skating. I didn't want to tell Allison though; not because I was afraid I'd lose her, because I knew I wouldn't, but I didn't want to be the one to tell her. That would have to be Scott himself.

"Like as a friend?" I say, cocking my head ever so slightly to the side.

She shrugs her shoulders. "No, I mean...what if he's acting like this not because he's mad I lied to him but because he likes me."

"I wouldn't know, Allison," I sigh, wishing that this topic would end. It made me feel uncomfortable for some reason. "The only one you can ask is Scott yourself."

Why did I have to say that.

She nods her head, looking as if she took my advice. I force a smile onto my face as she stares at me, a real one forming on her lips. "Don't look so nervous, Corey. I'm your girl."

My fake smile turns into a real one, the words coming from Allison's mouth playing over and over in my mind like a broken record. Before I know it, I'm pressing my lips onto hers for a soft kiss, everything else around us drowning out. It amazed me that Allison could make me forget who I was or what I was doing when I was with her, it being her special talent. Every kiss we shared made me realize how madly in love I was with her.

She pulls away gently as her bright eyes scan my face, her hair framing her face almost perfectly. "Need help finding your first class?"

My eyes drift from hers as I lift my schedule up, seeing that I had Chemistry first hour. I had came to school with Allison when I was dead a couple of times, but I didn't exactly remember where everything was and who everyone was. "Yeah um...Mr. Harris?"

"Yuck," Allison says, her nose wrinkling up. "You have him first hour?"

I make sure I had read the schedule right. "It appears so. Why?"

"Let's just say he's the worst teacher in existence," she groans before pointing down the hall. "He's the second door on the left. I wish you luck."