06. From Bad To Worse

When we had gotten on the bus, Scott gave me the cold shoulder. I tried talking to him, but Stiles had directed me back towards the front of the bus, where we both sat next to one another. We were far enough away from Scott that he couldn't hear us with normal hearing, but who's to say he didn't listen with his werewolf ears.

"Scott's had a crush on Allison since the first day she got here, okay?" Stiles says, his voice soft and low. "He's just taking this hard."

He didn't know that I knew all of this already. "Stiles, I get that. I get that he's angry that some person that died literally a few months ago stole his girl; someone that he couldn't even see. I totally understand why he's angry, but he doesn't need to be angry at Allison. The whole time I was dead, she wanted to tell you guys but didn't know how. Be honest with me-If she were to pull you to the side and tell you that she talks to a ghost all day, would you have believed her?"

Stiles' face goes blank for a moment. "Actually, I probably wouldn't have."

"Exactly," I state, proving my point. "You would have thought she was just as crazy as Lydia Martin."

Stiles holds his finger up. "Lydia might be crazy, but she's my type of crazy, okay?"

"Okay Stiles," I fade out, shaking my head. "My point is, she didn't mean for any of this to happen. I'm the dumb ass who died and found her in the first place. Scott shouldn't be angry with her at all. This is all on me."

Stiles sighs. "He's not mad at anyone; well, maybe a little at Allison for not telling him sooner, but other than that he's fine. He just needs time to process all of this."

"Well at least let me go try and apologize," I say as I look back at Scott, seeing him looking out the window. Isaac had sat down next to him as well, not saying a single word.

"Listen up!" Coach yells from the front of the bus, blowing the whistle around his neck once to get everyone's attention. "When you get off, don't start running yet. I'll be timing each and every one of you so don't try and get a head start. Got that Ramirez?"

Everyone on the bus snickers for a moment, turning and looking at a kid that was sitting two seats behind Stiles and I. If I had to guess, he was either a junior or senior, and by the look on his face, I guessed that he had messed up last year. Explains why everyone was now laughing at him.

The bus slows to a stop as everyone pushes to get out. I get elbowed at least three times before I finally make it off, looking around and seeing that we were standing in a forest. In front of me was a dirt trail; one that by my guess was going to be very long and tiring. Stiles groans from beside me before I see Scott walking in front of me, causing me to try and catch up with him.

"Scott-" I say, but multiple other teenagers cut me off. Scott ignores me as I groan, trying to catch up with him once again, but that was before someone stepped right in front of me. "Hey, watch it-"

My sentence cuts short when I realize who the figure was; excuse me...figures. I feel my heartbeat rise as my eyes trail up to their faces, not being able to tell the difference between the two. They both smirk down on me as I cower, not really sure what to do.

"What's his name again?" the one on the left says, my guess it being Ethan.

Aiden's eyebrows knit together. "Coral I think? What's it matter anyways."

I take a step back, seeing Stiles look over from the corner of my eye. "W-What do you want?"

"What do you think we want?" Aiden snarls, his eyes flashing red for a moment. "You're coming back with us."

"Like hell I am," I spit back, growing some confidence. It looked as if Ethan was about to rip my face off before I hear Coach's whistle blare, causing my feet to work faster than my brain. I'm zooming towards the other direction as I follow the crowd, my hopes to get away from the twins as far away as possible.