10. Open Wound

"Notorious," Stiles says to me as I sigh, not really wanting to study for this dumb vocabulary test on Monday.

The bus hits a bump as I flinch slightly. "Famous or well known, typically for some bad quality or deed."

Stiles swipes left on the tablet. "Okay Scott; Incongruous."

Scott holds onto his side, still in worse condition than what I was. "Can you use it in a sentence?"

"It's completely incongruous that we're on this bus right now," Stiles groans, looking around as his eyes set on Ethan.

Scott nods his head, now knowing the word. "Ridiculous. Out of place."

I take mental note of the word as Stiles turns back to Scott. "Darach. It's a noun..."

"Stiles," Scott sighs, not wanting to talk about the new information. Stiles and Lydia had found out that what we were going up against was something called a Darach, meaning dark oak. I only knew because Stiles kept me up all night talking about it and wouldn't shut up and let me sleep.

"Scott, we have to talk about it sometime," Stiles snaps back before pointing at me. "Corey and I even already talked about it-"

"More like you talked and I dozed off," I say with a little smile.

Stiles gives me a little glare before the bus hits another bump, causing Scott and I both to hiss in pain. Scott had more of a reason to be in pain, but something about my wound didn't seem right.

"You're both still hurt?" Stiles says, his eyes flicking between the two of us.

I try and shake it off. "Yeah, I mean, no. I'm fine. Just a little sore; that's all."

"I'm not healing," Scott says as he lifts his shirt up to reveal deep claw marks. "It's only because an alpha did it."

Stiles' eyes are wide, staring at the black blood. "Scott...you still should have healed by now."

"Yeah," I agree, amazed by the wound.

"I'm fine guys," Scott tries to tell us as he lowers his shirt, brushing it off. "Besides, I'm not the one who we should be worried about."

Stiles and Scott both look at me then, causing me to furrow my eyebrows. "What?"

"You know what," they both say at once. "Unlike Scott, you can't exactly heal the same way he can."

My mind flashes back for a moment at what had happened. "No, but I did have help."

"Let me see it," Stiles says, sounding like a concerned parent. I hesitate for a mere moment, but soon my fingers are tugging at the end of my blue T-Shirt, lifting it to where my chest was exposed. Their eyes show confusion as Stiles reaches up and runs his fingers along the spot, feeling smooth skin. I hiss in pain as he removes his hand, seeming desperately confused.

"I know you can't see anything," I fade out, shaking my head as I looked down at where my wound should be. "But it feels like it's still there; like it's still an open wound."

Scott and Stiles both share a look, making me grow nervous. I knew what they were thinking, and I didn't like it. I didn't like it one bit. But for some reason my mind drifts back to how all of this even started...starting with a bandana and a surprise.

--------

2 days ago

"Corey, seriously what is this," Allison giggles as she takes a few more steps forwards, blind as a bat. My hand was clasped around her right one as I led her down the road and down the hill, trying to help her keep her balance. She made the mistake in wearing healed boots, but I didn't blame her. It's not like she knew she was going to be going a little off course.