28. Not Read to Make Nice

"Remind me next time to wear shoes with more traction next time," Stiles pants as we bolt down the wide hallway, running away from the sounds of growls and fighting. Peter, Scott, and Chris had stayed behind to fight off the twins, and the rest of us were now running towards the last ambulance. Allison was right at my side, and I could tell that she was staying close on purpose.

Derek had Cora in his arms, running ahead of us. Jennifer was right behind him, running in her high wedged shoes. I was furious that she was clearly trying to get Derek and the rest of us on her side, which made no sense at all. She's killing innocent people; you can't justify that.

Derek kicks a set of two doors open as we all stumble into the garage, my heart leaping when I saw the ambulance still sitting there. We quickly ran over and threw open the doors as Derek set Cora inside, Stiles climbing in after her. They lay her gently on the surface before Jennifer's voice rings out, her tone scaring me.

"Over here."

Allison gives me a nervous glance before we all look over at her, seeing that she was staring at something on the other side of the ambulance. I clutch the dagger in my hand, still not sure how to use it properly, as I trail behind Derek and Allison, curious to see what we were going to look at.

When my eyes found what everyone was staring at, my heart sank into my stomach. There was a blood trail from the drivers seat of the ambulance and laying there by the open door, a bloody hand print on the window, was the driver. He was dead all right; his throat had been sliced open from claws.

"Julia," a voice bounces around inside my head, making goosebumps rise on my arms. The sound of clicking is followed as I watch Kali step out from the front of the ambulance, her finger dancing around the set of keys. "It really is you."

Jennifer takes a step back as Allison holds her daggers out. "You can't beat her."

"That's why we're going to run," Derek breathes, but Jennifer already knew what to do. She doesn't think twice before turning and running back the way we came, and when I looked back at her, I saw Stiles close the ambulance doors, looking at me through them with great concern. I knew he did the right thing; he had to keep Cora and himself safe.

Kali's eyes glow red before Allison's hands were working fast, extending her arm and throwing her dagger straight at Kali. I could tell by her aim that she wasn't going for a kill shot; rather to slow her down. It was a good thing that Kali wasn't prepared, because when that dagger hit her in the leg, that's the only thing that kept a good distance between us when we turned and ran.

Derek was ahead of us; trying to catch up with Jennifer. My heart pounded in my ears as I ran in front of Allison, trying to keep up with Derek as best that I could. The lights flickered above us as we turned the corner, and that was when my heart literally stopped. I felt like I was in some type of horror movie that never ended; well, I guess my life was a horror movie if you thought about it.

When we turned the corner, Kali was running towards us, and that was when I froze. I didn't know what to do; I just watched her come at us, and I knew that we couldn't run anymore. It was too late by the time I saw that Derek and Jennifer had gotten into the elevator behind us, and it was already closing before I had a chance to get in with them. I finally snapped out of my daze as Allison's hand grabs mine and she tugs me back to where we came.

I hated running. Absolutely despised it. When Stiles had told me he signed me up for the cross country team, I thought he was crazy. But now that I was running for my life in a hospital which had things similar to hurdles, I was thankful that he did sign me up. It sure proved of use.

The moment we turned the next corner however, my blood really did turn cold. It took me a moment to see through the darkness who the figure was standing there at the end of the hall, but I knew that figure from anywhere. It had to be Jade.