Chapter Five: Snowball Fights

I grabbed a handful of snow and began to pack it into a small tight ball.

"Okay everyone, make a snowball and start to roll it into a larger one. Like you're going to make a snowman. Once it's about half the size of the boulder, roll it over there and leave it. Once we have each made one me and Theo will start using them to build the fort. You guys will keep making them until I say we have enough then you'll help shape and build the fort. Then we'll all build the snowballs." I ordered.

"Yes alpha!" Sasha said standing up straight and saluting. Dan copied her motion. I rolled my eyes at them.

"I'm not the alpha, now get to work."

"Not yet." Dan laughed and danced off to build a snowman.

"Not yet?" Theo questioned walking up. I nodded.

"Dylas is next in line to be the alpha of our pack. That makes me the alpha as well." I said. "But that's not yet anyway so let's get on with this snowball fight."

"Oh great so I'll have to take orders from you someday" Theo sighed and grinned at me.

"Orders? You're not even in the pack. Are you thinking about joining ?" I asked excitedly.

"I don't know." He said thoughtfully. "I'll have to talk to my parents about it but it isn't like you're going to be here forever and it's boring here without my bestfriend, so there's a definite possibility of me asking to join. Plus I think I could get to like your new friends." He finished his eyes flicking to Amber who was rolling snowballs across the lawn.

"Even Dylas?"

"I guess I can tolerate Wolfboy, at least, I can try." He grinned and wandered off to pack snow. I shook my head and followed him. Grabbing a handful of snow I rolled it into a tight round ball and plopped it into the snow. I pushed the snowball through the snow, its size growing bigger with every shove.

Once the snow was about half the size of the boulder I began to push it towards it. Once I got there I pushed it to the far corner and began to shape it into a large cube shape. Sasha, Dan, and Theo arrived next with their snowballs and deposited then next to mine.

"Alright Team, keep it up, also any ideas on the team name?" I asked, we'd need to come up with one soon.

"How about Theo Squad" Theo said holding his hands out and making a gesture as though the words were written in the sky.

"Yeah right, totally." I snorted pushing him over in the snow. "Any good ideas?" I asked turning to Sasha and Dan.

"How about Team Ice-Storm?" Suggested Dan. I nodded.

"It works, I like it, any other suggestions ?" Sasha shook her head and Theo stood up, flicking snow off his fox ears.

"I guess it works." He grunted and started working on the base. Dan and Sasha walked off to begin the rest of the pieces for the base.

•••

I gazed down at the fully finished fort. It went across the front of the boulder and doubled around the back. On the inside the ground was dug downward to make the fort deeper. There were also holes dug into the side of the snow bank, they were filled with snowballs. A smaller trench extended around to the back of boulder but widened when it got behind the boulder. It was piled high with snowballs. We were so going to win this.

"COME OUT AND FACE US ENEMY SCUM." A voice shouted from across the lawn.

"Come Team Ice-Storm, let's crush these losers." I grinned and motioned for us to move.