Chapter Thirteen: Onto The Next One

"WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!" I shouted as  we dove towards the ground, picking up speed until we were going what felt like a million miles an hour. I was riding on Astra's back, the Thunderbirds had agreed to bring us the edge of the woods, and from there we'd make our way to our next recruitment. This time it was just a shifter pack. The Half Moon Pack. We began to level off and slow down.

"Finally you two stopped messing around." A disapproving voice echoed in my head. Coal.

"Oh shut up, you're just angry because the Chief agreed to joining the White Valley pack in war." Astra countered. I looked up at Coal. He was carrying Dylas this time who didn't look happy about it.

"We are no longer what we used to be, fighting this war risks our extinction."  Coal argued.

"And if we don't the same thing happens because there is no way the chief would ever agree to joining Scarlet if we happen to lose." Astra countered. Coal narrowed his eyes at Astra and I. Without another word he lifted his wings and shot forward, leaving us behind. I could almost feel Astra rolling her eyes.

The forest fell away behind us giving away to grass and dirt roads. Astra spiralled downward, landing with a soft thump on the ground. I slid sideways off of her back. Everyone else landed next and climbed off, walking over to join me. The thunderbirds shifted back, shrinking down and feathers melting away. They stood and opposite to us.

"Good luck!" Astra grinned. "I can't wait to see you guys again." Nyx, Ryder, and Coal said their goodbyes as well. I gave Astra a hug.

"I feel like we could become great friends." I said with a smile.

"The best." Astra pulled away from the hug.

"That positions already taken I'm afraid." I jumped as Theo suddenly popped up between us. Staring angrily at Astra. I laughed as he grabbed me by the arm and dragged me back towards Dylas and Amber. I noticed Dylas was trying to fight back anger as Theo pulled me along. Amber on the other hand, who perfectly understood that me and Theo always have been and always will be bestfriends, was just muttering something under her breath about getting the lamest mate on earth.

"Lame?!" Theo announced loudly, dropping my hand and rushing towards  Amber. I rolled my eyes at him and turned around again, waving one more time to the thunderbirds before they flew off into the distance.

•••

I watched the trees roll past quickly as the bus drove us as close as we could get to the Half Moon packs territory.

"What weapon are you going to train in?" Dylas asked curiously making conversation. I shrugged, I hadn't really given it much thought yet.

"What about you?" I asked back.

"I was thinking a long sword." He said. "I'm not going with a gun, guns are for humans. Supernatural creatures don't need to take the easy way out, even Scarlet knows that." I nodded in agreement.

"I'm going with bow and arrows."  Theo cut in.

"Battle axe is my first choice, we'll have to see how that goes though." Amber spoke up. Everyone had theirs figured out. Not me yet. I don't even know what I would be good at. I don't like fighting, how will I even be able to manage to learn to do something that could potentially kill people.

"What do you think The Half Moon pack will be like?" Dylas wondered out loud.

"I bet they're all wolves like wolfie over here." Theo muttered nodding at Dylas. Dylas growled at Theo, anger flaring in his eyes. I sighed and leaned back against the bus seat. When was Theo going to lay off Dylas. Then again, when would Dylas learn to ignore Theo's teasing.

The bus pulled to a stop and we all got off. I looked around as the bus pulled away and drove off. We were on a street corner. One way led to a residential area full of colourful houses, the other way only had a couple houses before ending in a dirt road that led into the woods.

"Who wants to bet it's that way." Dylas pointed a finger at the woods.

"Why do we always have to into stinky cluttered forests." Theo growled and crossed his arms. Amber walked over and grabbed him by the arm hauling him towards the woods.

"Come on." I laughed, and headed for the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's short, there just wasn't really all that much to write for this chapter. Hopefully there will be a longer one next time.

- Polar