Chapter Twenty: Old Enemies

We agreed to stay at Element hideout for no more them a week then we would head on and finish our mission. We'd already been here two days, it wasn't long but I was already really good at using my blades. I stood in front of Dylas, ready to spar, long sword against Dual blades. Though we would be using wooden ones so we didn't hurt each other.

"Ready?" Dylas asked me spinning his sword in his hand. I nodded and spun both of mine to show him up. "Oh it's on." He grinned and rushed at me. I dodged easily, stepping out of his path and behind his back.

"Gonna have to be a little quicker then that to catch me Wolfboy" I taunted. Dylas growled in frustration and launched at me again. I tried to step away as I'd done the first time but this time Dylas expected it and side stepped with me swinging his sword towards me. I brought my blades up in an X shape, Dylas blade slammed into mine with a loud thwack and I tried not to imagine how much louder and deadlier that could have been if the swords were real. I growled in anger, adjusting my grip on the blades and pulling back from Dylas. It was time to finish this. Dylas came at me again swinging his wooden sword. Instead of dodging to the side like he was anticipating I dropped to the floor and rolled away from him. I popped up behind him and before he could even turn around I had kicked his legs out from underneath him and had one of my wooden blades pointed at his throat.

"Gg." Dylas said and grinned up at me. I laughed and sheathed my swords holding out my hand to him. He grabbed it and I hauled him to his feet. Dylas brushed off his pants and picked his sword up off the ground. "I'd hate to fight you in a real battle" he looked at me, a dead serious look on his face. "But that's for more then one reason." I laughed again and grabbed him, pulling him in for a kiss.

•••

My feet crunched against the thin brittle snow. We'd finished training about an hour ago, the last session held outside in the large outdoor training grounds. I walked slowly towards he house. Dylas, Amber, and Theo deep in conversation about how well training was going. I smiled to myself. We were learning to fight and we were good at it. We were gathering allies from all over, and we were training to keep what is ours. This isn't going to be like the last time we are going to win this one.

"So the ice bitch and her little friends are training to fight are they?" A voice sounded from behind me making me stop dead. I whirled around to see her standing there. Arms folded across her chest, a large group of angry looking people standing behind her. Valerie.

"Valerie." Amber growled.

"Amber." Valerie smiled sweetly. "Where's the other one? Did he finally grow up and get himself a woman or were you the one who ditched him for the fox eared weirdo standing next to you?" She asked looking uninterested.

"Listen here you homophobic piece of undead trash." Amber growled. "You know as well as I do that Cameron is gay and if you insult him or my mate anymore I'll shred you and your pasty skin to pieces." I laughed at that, go Amber. Valerie's eyes simmered with rage but she ignored Amber and turned to me.

"Still trying to steal my Dylas I see." She said calmly though I could see the rage flickering in her gaze.

"Your Dylas?" I scoffed. "Whatever you think garlic breath."

"Oh Dylas will be mine just you wait." Valerie grinned. I yawned and didn't reply.

"Uh don't I get a say in this?" Dylas asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You won't need to once you've kissed me you'll know exactly who you want." Valerie smiled at him. The rage replaced with a sickeningly loving gaze. Before either of us could react Valerie had shot forward and pressed her mouth against Dylas'. Dylas pulled away and spit on the ground.

"Iris?" I barely heard Theo say my name. Barely noticed Dylas turn to me and tell me very carefully to calm down. Rage was already filling my vision as I fixed my gaze on Valerie.

"Why is she looking at me like that?" Valerie asked, voice slightly edged with fear.

"Dumbass." One of Valerie's men muttered. "Everyone knows not to mess with a shifters mate." I stalked towards her. Rage blocking out everything around me. All I could think about was ripping Valerie to shreds. Valerie backed up and I advanced on her. She turned to run but I leapt forward shifting in midair and knocking her to the ground. And as I roared in her face the battle erupted around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I know it took forever and it's not even that long. I'm really really sorry, first I had a bunch of tests and projects due for the end of the year to work on then it was exams and then writers block and then lack of service but finally it's here. I don't know how many times I can apologize I promised and broke my promises a million times and I'm sorry. I'm just not going to make anymore promises from now on. But hey at least it's finished now right? Again sorry, especially since this book is nearly over.

- Polar