Chapter Nine: The Meeting

Silence gripped the clearing. No one moved, no one spoke, no one breathed. The faces of my pack mates stood frozen, some showing clear signs of anger, others unreadable, but most showed fear.

"Who is Scarlet?" I heard Theo's mother whisper. I turned my head but saw Amber flash her a look that said 'I'll tell you later.'

"I know this is all a big shock to you." Doug began again. "I thought, as all you did that this was over when they took our territory, our home. We were wrong. I was wrong." He took a deep breath and stared around the audience. "Scarlet is threatening war. Six months from now, once she has amassed an army large enough she will lay siege to the Supernatural Council and attempt to over throw them. She is not only gathering shifters but also other supernatural creatures and it seems she's managed to get some witches to work for her. She got two of her witches to kidnap some of our pack members while they were out on a camping trip and inform them of this. They were told to give me the message so I could make the decision of whether or not to join her, or two doom our pack." The pack exploded in uproar. Members shouting about how we'd never join such a wretched woman and we'd rather die then see her be crowned the ruler of the world. Doug tried to get the crowd to silence but it wasn't working. Pearl sighed and shifted, howling loudly and angrily, silencing the pack instantly. Doug nodded his thanks to his wife and continued. "I will never let my pack join Scarlet, but I will not let them die either. We have two choices. A coven of witches who are very old friends of mine have agreed, if we do choose, to send us all to a small pocket universe that we can live in, in peace, for as long as the pack still stands. Or we can fight back. Gather our own army. Beat Scarlet at her own game. Gather an army, and train to fight. We crush Scarlet once and for all. Two choices. But I will not chose one alone, we must decide as a pack. Don't be afraid to speak your mind, to show the choice you really want. All those in favour of the first choice raise their hands." I looked around the crowd. A few people raised their hands. A couple elders who were too old to fight, some children who were young and scared, and even regular pack members. "All those in favour of the second choice." Hundreds of hands raised in the air. I raised mine as well. I was not about to lose my home again. Never again. Especially not to this bitch.

"Looks like we are fighting." Whispered Dylas. I reached out for his hand and he grasped it.

"Very well. We will fight. We let Scarlet take our home but we will never let her take this world. I will select various groups of pack members to travel to the homes of different supernatural groups in order to raise our army against Scarlet. The rest of you will stay here and train. Not only to fight in your animal forms but using weapons as well. We are not going to lose this time. We are going all out. I'll inform those who are going to do the recruiting once this meeting is over. You'll receive the list of packs, clans, groups, etc that you will be recruiting tomorrow morning and be leaving as soon as you receive them, so pack tonight, and do it lightly." Doug finished. He glanced at Pearl and she howled, letting the pack know the meeting was finished.

"Who would of thought the first thing I'd be doing when I finally joined a pack would be going to war?" Theo wondered quietly. Amber gripped his hand and glanced sideways at him. He smiled down at her. "This'll be interesting." He joked but I could see the fear behind his eyes.

"Hello." Alpha Pearl interrupted. Everyone turned to look at her. "I'm here to inform you guys that you'll be one of the groups leaving tomorrow."

"All of us?" I asked curiously.

"Well, you, Dylas, Amber, and Theo will be going together and Dan, Sasha, Nate, and Cameron will be going together. You'll cover more ground that way. You will however meet up once you go out of the country."

"Wait.. No no no wait." Cameron stammered waving his arms in the air. "You can't split up me and Amber. What about Camber? We have to stay together. What if something happens to her and I'm not around to protect her." Theo placed a hand on Cameron's shoulder.

"I'll keep her safe." He assured. "You have my word." Amber walked over and punched Dan in the arm.

"You better do the same." She growled. Dan nodded.

"Then it's settled." Pearl confirmed. "Tomorrow morning this war begins."

-------------------

Sorry this chapter is sort of short but there wasn't really much to write to it. I'm hoping the next will be longer. Anyway that's pretty much it.

-Polar