Chapter Seventeen: Snakes?

I stumbled into room and the strange man shut the door behind us. I whipped around growling at him. His eyes were still red, it was giving me the creeps. They weren't just red either, they were slitted as well, almost like a snake.

"What do you want." I growled. The man grinned. A forked tongue flicked out between his teeth. I backed up a little. He stepped towards me. I backed up again, but he kept coming. My back hit the wall of the train. Fuck, how did I let him back me into the wall like this? He advanced again. I growled and got ready to shift but he shot forward and pinned my hands against the walls, restricting my movements and ability to shift. I struggled to get out of his grip but he held fast. Just what the hell was he?

"Struggle all you want but you won't escape me." He hissed in my ear.

"What do you want." I repeated, glaring angrily and trying not to show fear even though I was scared shitless.

"I've been sent by Scarlet." He hissed menacingly. "I've been ordered to kill you and your pesky little friends by any means possible. But that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun first." I felt myself pale at those words. "What's wrong ? You don't like fun?" He laughed, eyes dancing with some unreadable and yet terrifying emotion. I began to struggle again but he grabbed me by the throat. He grinned again and the shot forward pressing his lips against mine. I struggled, it was disgusting, I refused to kiss him back. Only Dylas could kiss me. He tried to forced his tongue into my mouth but wouldn't open my mouth. I felt tears beginning to well in my eyes, how dare he violate me this way. I couldn't breathe, between him choking me and kissing me, it was only a matter of time before I had to open my mouth to breathe and he knew it too. My thoughts began to get fuzzy and my head felt like it was going to explode.

I was about to open my mouth when the man was suddenly gone. I fell to the floor in a daze. I lay there gasping for breath, the room sliding in and out of focus. I could vaguely here growling and shouting but I couldn't make out any words. Someone stepped in front of me. It was Amber she spoke to me quietly, I was starting to come out of my daze but I wasn't quiet sure what she said. Slowly her words slid into focus.

"Iris! Iris, are you okay?" I nodded slowly. I tried to speak but coughed instead. I looked over to see Dylas beating the guy senseless while Theo stood snarling in anger next to them. The guy was unconscious but Dylas kept on punching him.

"Dylas..." I called hoarsely. "Dylas stop. It's not worth it." I managed before my voice cut out. He faltered and faced me. The anger in his eyes soften as he saw me and he dropped the man. Theo stayed by him, letting out a growl every now and then. Dylas ran to me and wrapped his arms around me. Squeezing me as though he was about to lose me forever.

"Are you okay?" He whispered to me. "Did he hurt you? Touch you." I shook my head. Tears welling in my eyes.

"It was just that kiss. I'm fine." I assured but I could feel myself shaking. Dylas must have noticed too because he hugged me tighter.

"What did he tell you?" He whispered.

"He said Scarlet sent him to kill us." I explained quietly.

"Do you think she sent anymore?" Theo said. He had shifted back but was still near the man just in case. I shrugged.

"Of course there are more of us." A voice made us all look up. It was the other woman from the restaurant car. "The rest of my boys are waiting outside the train though." She sneered. Dylas stood up growling. Putting me behind him. I stepped out from behind him.

"No." I said to him. "I'll not let one of those monsters hurt me ever again." Dylas nodded. He trusted me and knew I could fight for myself.

"Monsters? Don't you think that's a little harsh?" Asked the woman. "Is it because of these?" She blinked and her eyes turned red and slitted just like the man before her.

"No, red eyes aren't what makes you a monster." I growled and glanced at the man. He was the biggest monster of them all.

I was about to lunge at her when I heard a loud cracking noise. I whipped around and backed up. Several large cracks were forming at the base of the train wall and travelling all the way up it.

"Shit." Theo muttered as the train wall ripped off completely and sucked him out.

"THEO!" Amber shouted. Trying to run for him. I grabbed her by the arm.

"No. We'll get sucked out too." I shouted over the roar of the wind. "Theo's tough. He'll survive."

"But you won't." A voice whispered. We all whipped around, and I soon as we did I realized our mistake. I felt the wind grab me with its icy invisible arms and rip me from the train.

I watched as I fell face first towards the ground. I closed my eyes waiting for the sickening crunch of my bones and they connected with the ground, but it never came. I opened my eyes and looked around.

"What the." I muttered. I was floating in mid air. Wind swirling around me as though it was holding me up. Suddenly the wind dropped out and I fell to the ground with a large thump. "Ouch." I growlers rubbing my head.

"Sorry about that." An unfamiliar voice called out. I looked up, a woman stood grinning at me. Four other woman stood behind her along with Theo.

"Also sorry about ripping out of of the side of a train." Another woman said stepping forward. She had long dark blue hair and wore blue make up. "At least we caught you though." She shrugged.

"Wait that was you?" Dylas asked standing up and brushing dirt off his jeans.

"Yeah sorry." The first woman spoke. She had white hair like me expect it was long. She too wore make up that matched her hair. The other two woman had green hair, fiery red hair, and purple hair.

"We got a message from your alpha that you were coming. We figured out what it was about though, we've already been visited by Scarlet. We turned her down and once we got a call from your alpha we figured she might send someone after you, so we figured we would help out." The purple haired woman said. She pointed behind her. I could see four or five men bound and gagged behind her. The grinned. These people were going to make a great addition to our team.

"You must be Element." I spoke up. "How would you like to be part of our team?"