#121 Your Insecure - Harry - NOT MINE

Harry:

"(Y/N)! (Y/N), please come out," You hear your boyfriend's voice plead through the door of your bedroom. "What's wrong?"

You're curled up in a ball at the edge of your bed, the long evening gown you'd once felt so gorgeous in suddenly revolting. Holding back tears you struggle to get it off, fumbling with the fabric and zippers as if the memories of the night would disappear along with the dress.

The door suddenly swings open, Harry still clad in his suit and tie as he stands in the doorway, a look of pure confusion pulling at his features.

"Get out! Don't look at me!"

Harry's eyes widen as he steps into the room, ignoring your protests as he sits you back down on the bed, the dress already half pulled down and exposing your bare top.

"I said get out!" You screech, cheeks flushing as you scramble to cover yourself up, embarrassed that he's subjecting himself to a meltdown that's normally reserved for the running shower water every night.

"(Y/N), what's wrong with you? You haven't been yourself all evening." He seems genuinely concerned, a worried edge in his voice.

"I heard what they were saying." You mutter, trying to swallow the lump that'd formed in your throat as you avoid his gaze.

"Who are you talking about?"

"At the premiere... I heard what they were all saying about me, about... about how I'm not good enough for you." You're shaking now, unable to stop the tears from falling. It was one thing for you to have those thoughts, but to have complete strangers confirming your insecurities made you even more hypersensitive and you're suddenly itching for a way to forget everything.

You feel Harry's arms wrap around you and you let yourself succumb to his touch, burying your face into his shirt, fingers clamping at his jacket.

"I know it's hard, but I want you to know that I'm here for you always, no matter what anyone else says. I promise," He lifts your chin up, looking at you with glassy eyes as he gently brushes a tear away from your cheek. His fingers trail down to your bare arms, grazing the silvery scars as he holds you close until your shoulders have stopped shaking and the tears have subsided. "You are the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes upon and I am so incredibly proud to call you my girlfriend. I love you, (Y/N), and don't you ever forget that."