#168 Phone Calls - Niall - NOT MINE

Niall: There's only one person who can stop the flow of tears that you are incapable of slowing, and that person is on the other side of the world, in a different time zone, a different continent, and you can only wait anxiously as the phone rings, nibbling at the loose skin around your fingernails, trying to breathe deeply, but the air keeps getting caught at the back of your throat. "Hello?" Niall's voice is slow and rough, and guilt floods through your body, sitting heavily in your stomach, you've obviously woken him from some much needed sleep. "Crap, Niall. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, I just. I just... really needed to hear your voice." "No, no, it's fine, darlin'. What's up? What's wrong?" "I - My.. everything. Everything is wrong." Your tone is rising in volume, panic gripping you as you finally voice it out loud, that nothing is right, nothing is in its place. "Hey. Babe. Breathe for me. You're okay. It's okay. I'm right here." His voice is thicker than usual with sleep, but it's gentle and comforting, and you're soon lulled into calm by his words, spoken so far away but feeling like he's whispering them right into your ear.