Chapter 3 {Edited}

I woke to the sound of my phone going off, it had been ringing all night long. Apparently my Aunt didn’t know how to take goodbye. I moaned rolling out of bed still dressed in the jean skirt and now crinkled shirt. I let out a heavy sigh and looked around, I had really slept the entire day and night away.

That was strange I was never this tired before. Had to be the stupid Vampires, with a heavy sigh I shuffled like the dead from my bedroom down the hallway to the bathroom closing the door behind me.

I stopped in front of the mirror and looked at the half angled cut to my hair. I grabbed the long side and glared at myself, like hell I was going another day looking like this. Yanking open on of the top drawers under the sink I pulled out a pair of scissors and went to work on my hair.

Black locks drifted into the white porcelain sink as I hacked at my own hair watching as the sudden lack of hair changed the way I looked. It brought out the angle in my jaw and made my eyes seem larger.

I smiled and watched dimples appear, even with the silver eyes I looked better. Shaking my head tossing little bits of hair everywhere like a dog, I laughed covering my mouth feeling overjoyed with myself. It had been too long since I felt good about how I looked.

Half an hour later I was showered, cleaned, dressed and dried ready to show Martha, Terry and Kaden that I wasn’t going to stay down this time. I paused as I was pulling my shoes on staring down at the now pinkish gauze wraps on my hands. I gave a quiet curse and turned around hopping into my other flat shuffling into my kitchen so I could re-wrap my hands.

I removed the two silver clips and quickly unwrapped the gauze tossing it into the garbage. It took me another half hour to wrap up my bruised and cut hands, they looked so much worse than they did yesterday.

The bruises were dark and the cuts looked raw. I glanced down at my shins and the thigh high black socks I was wearing. Smart girl, I praised myself as I walked out of my house with my school bag ready to go.

The sun was just beginning to rise as I walked down the steps heading off towards my English classroom on the far east side of the campus near the college pool area. I skipped across the grass smiling to myself, today I would get the name of the freak who broke into my house and Aunt Rilla would make sure I was never bothered by him again, then in succession I could make the promise to her and we could move on our merry way in life.

It was perfect, but first I needed to get his name. To do that I would have to get into the school database and hopefully find a connection. Or I could find blondie from yesterday and follow her, she seemed to have an idea on what was going on with him.

I stepped into my English classroom holding my shoulders back, I heard Martha gasp as I sat down next to her pulling out my binder and casually flipping through pages. I could feel her gaze on me like a pair of lead weights. Finally I looked over at her and smiled sweetly.

“What’s the matter Martha, you look surprised to see me” I said tilting my head to the side.

“Your hair! What the hell happened to your hair” She hissed through her teeth.

I pouted my bottom lip and watched her begin to panic, she needed me to be in a state of misconduct so that she would look even better in front of her group of would-be friends.

“Well, I thought it was time for some changes, so I changed it” I said shifting in my seat playing my long bangs, I ran my hand up the side coming up the back of my head where I had all but shaved the hair short. It was called a Chelsea pixie cut, I had grown fond of it and I grew fonder the longer I sat there seeing Martha panic. Suddenly she went very calm and relaxed in her seat collecting herself.