Chapter 51 {Edited}

The car hit the layer of ice on top of the river and broke through plunging both Simon and I into the coldest hell I could have imagined. The windshield cracked and broke inward from the small hole that the bullet had made. The water began to trickle in then burst as the nose end of the car submerged completely, I watched horrified as the cracks began to spider web outwards until the entire front windshield was a blurred mess of cracks.

My heart hammered in my chest as I watched water begin to slither through in different spots as the car was sucked deeper under the bone chilling water. I turned my head to look at Simon who had gone silent, I couldn’t feel his breath on my cheek anymore. His boyish face was slacked in what looked like sleep, but the fading colour to his skin told me otherwise.

“Simon?” I pressed on his chest trying to move out from between him and the seat.

This couldn’t be happening, not now. Sabrinna, Herald, now Simon. Please dear god don’t let him be dead, I couldn’t handle it if he was.

The front of the car hit bottom making me jump and let out a scream. The water level inside the car now was reaching up my shins, I had lost all feeling in my toes. Wedging myself between Simon and the seat I pushed with everything I had shoving his heavy body off of me and back onto the dashboard.

The blood had stopped flowing from the wound on his chest, that was a good thing right? I crawled atop him and ripped open his shirt trying to see what the damage was and what I saw brought heavy tears to my eyes. I could see his veins underneath his skin they were dark and black like burnt wires inside a wall. And where his heart should have been was just a large bruise like mark with a very dark center. Dropping back into my seat I pulled my legs up against my chest.

“No, no, no!” I screamed breaking down into heavy sobs as I sat at the bottom of a river in a car slowly filling with water, with a dead body of a werewolf. I hated my life.

My hands tightened into balls, my nails digging into my palms. With all my ‘powers’ I apparently had I couldn’t keep my friends alive, but I could turn water into people smoothies. I was so goddamned useless, I wanted to scream and throw a fit and thrash around.

The bullet hole cracked inward and more of the windshield gave way making it a larger hole. Water began to pour in filling the cab faster and faster yet, within minutes the water level was above my seat freezing me from the hips up. I was going to die now, this was really it. I would drown to death.

My watery eyes focused on Simons lifeless body leaning back against the dash, now he was more so floating in front of me, and my rage came back full blast filling my body with heat. I would fucking end Sabrinna. I wasn’t giving up, not yet. I pushed up from my seat and stepped over into the driver’s seat and crawled forward placing my hands on the dashboard submerging them in water.

Raising my left hand I inhaled deep deeply and put my hand through the growing hole. The water’s pressure and urgency to enter the car did the rest shattering the entire windshield inward. I pushed off the back of the seat and fought through the cold water feeling my limbs instantly begin to lock up.