Epilogue (Saebriels POV)

There were no more words left to be said, there was nothing left for me to do or to say to anybody. I sat in her silent apartment my head resting in my hands as I stared down at the floor trying to bring my mind back from that day.

Only four weeks ago, four weeks of perpetual limbo between nothingness and something. For a Vampire who had lived through war after war, watched millions of Millions die. Fought the Hun’s, hid in the mountains and observed humans for over half a century, roamed the chaos filled streets of London during the Black plague, and survived the Vampire council… it all paled in comparison to the tearing in my chest. I found my new reality to be one step closer to a waking dream, like everywhere I looked something was just blocking her from my vision, hiding her voice from reaching me.

I would have gone insane if I hadn’t had people who needed me there, my only way of coping had been through taking care of Bizzy, Argon and Mercury. Everybody else was gone. They were just gone, Sabrinna was a lying bitch, Herald had died protecting the Woman I loved, along with Simon I would be eternally grateful to both of them for their efforts, vain or not they had done something worth remembering.

Icarus was dead, Ekaterina was gone, everything had just been shattered in the span of a few hours. By now I should have been used to change, but for the longest time this apartment had been a home for my Coven, and for myself. Now it felt cold and foreign like I was dropped into alien lands.

“Saebriel?” A deep voice called my name.

Blinking I looked up finding Rastiel standing across from me leaning against the wall. His long brown hair fell in pin straight rivers past his narrow shoulders, his striking cobalt blue eyes locked with mine. That was right I still had to talk to him, the council needed to know what had happened to Icarus Liechtan.

“Yes, Sorry.” I gave my face a hard rub before sitting up straight fixing the black suit checking for wrinkles, this evening was important nothing would go wrong.

“You don’t have to do this right now, I know that you have important things to do today.” He spoke in a soft tone he only used with me.

After Terriael, my elder brother, had died Rastiel had raised me by himself, being one of the last pure blooded to be born he found me odd. That was what Rastiel did, he collected odd things and kept them safe. That was why he was one of the five Ancients.

“No I want to get this out of the way while I still remember it. Please ask.” I waved for him to continue.

Inhaling a breath he nodded, “Do you know what occurred to Herald Feil, and the Albino Naga, Sabrinna Yoter?”

My throat constricted but I nodded my head, “Yes I do.” Damn this was harder than it should be.

“Would you please elaborate on the incidents that occurred in causing their deaths.”

My eyes dropped to the floor again, “I left my fiancée Aderyn Taun in the protection of Sabrinna Yoter, and Herald Feil, as well as a young Were-wolf who had sworn loyalty to Aderyn herself. During the course of the afternoon, a young man appeared and was allowed inside of the cabin by the Albino Naga Sabrinna Yoter. He announced himself to be human servant to Icarus Liechtan. They proceeded to try and kill Miss Taun, Herald acting on my orders protected her. He was killed by Sabrinna Yoter who stabbed him through the heart with her talons.”