Chapter 45 {Edited}

The remainder of the ride was quiet, not awkward or painful in anyway just peaceful and calming. Simon turned down a driveway on the left and we moved deeper into a thick green forest filled with snow. All the evergreens around the car were decorated with shimmering powder that glowed eerily in the fading light of the sun that set beyond the mountain range on my left.

“We’re getting close.” Saebriel murmured sitting up more in the sat turning to look at me.

A large grin split across my face, knowing it wouldn’t bother Simon or Saebriel I rolled my window down shutting my eyes as the brisk sharp air slapped me. The fresh clean smell of ice, evergreens, and water swarmed my senses. My god this was beautiful! I had never been so excited before in my life, my hands trembled as I undid my seatbelt leaning out the window to wave at the large white truck following behind us. Sabrinna waved back at me through the windshield, Simon laughed at me in the front seat.

“Aderyn please come back in the car.” Sabe sighed.

Letting out a heavy breath I watched it fog and then float off into the air vanishing into nothingness, I pulled myself back into the car leaving the window open to let the snow drift in landing all down my left side. It felt refreshing to be cold naturally instead of Saebriels cold, I glanced over at him and grinned even wider.

“Can I know now?” I asked.

“No, now sit still and don’t lean out the window would you.” He snapped reaching over and grabbing my hand tightly.

The car shook and my stomach dropped, swallowing heavily I turned to look out the window. It was a wooden bridge suspended over a frozen river, the wood creaked and moaned as we moved over it. My fingers clasped over Saebriels and I shifted away from the window as I kept imagining the door randomly flying open and being dragged out into the icy depths below. I hated heights, it was one of the few things that scared me in this world. My breath started to come in short gasps as I began to panic, Saebriel pulled me over so I fell down onto his lap my head resting on his right thigh.

He pet the side of my head rhythmically his eyes staring out the window studiously as if it were the most intriguing thing he had ever seen in his life. We travelled down the wooden bridge for about a minute before I felt the car do a little jump and then go smooth, or as smooth as a forest road got. I let out my breath and relaxed on his lap, god damnit I would loath the trip back over that damn bridge.

“Why can’t I know?” I asked rolling onto my back.

“Because it would ruin the surprise.”

I groaned sitting up and shuffling back over to my side of the back seat to watch out my window for any sign of where I was being taken. For all I knew he was going to kill me, it was improbably but hey I didn’t know what he intended.

“Really? You think I would do all of this just to bring you to the middle of nowhere to kill you?” Saebriel scoffed.