Chapter 14 {Edited}

They had put a movie on, placed a bowl of popcorn on the small coffee table in front of me, with a tall sweating glass of what I was assuming was Coca-Cola. I lay on my back, head turned to the side staring blankly at the screen, my body pulsed with pain and I was just to fed up to complain. I’m pretty sure the movie was Van Helsing with Hugh Jackman in lead as Helsing. With each pulse of my heart my head throbbed blurring my vision just a little bit.

Licking my lips I shut my eyes slowly, I had expected to be ranted and raved at for going out and then in turn getting myself hurt. Instead very quietly Saebriel had lain me down set this all up and then disappeared into the room.

Which if I sat up I could see now, a wooden door that still had white paint sticking to it was exposed roughly now. How the hell they had gotten in was beyond me, there wasn’t any sign of a mess so either they were all OCD or they had done a lot of work when I was asleep. I guess I should be more curious about why the landlord that’s renting this place out to me never said anything about the room, and how the hell Vampires knew about it.

But then again, my curiosity had gotten me in enough trouble as it was. I was tired and wanted nothing more than to zone out and just fade away in existence. I yawned stretching my arms above my head touching a pillow that sat in the corner of the L.

I wonder if they are going to tell the teachers? Would they?

They could just omit the Night class students and say that I was just ditching class. I shut my eyes slowly feeling a familiar ache in my head, I laid my forearm over my eyes heaving a sigh.

“Damn you” I hissed under my breath.

“Was that directed at me?” Saebriels voice should have made me jump, but it was slightly expected.

I could feel his presence in the room like a chilling wind sweeping in and consuming me with ice… Yeah it’s a cozy feeling.

“My head hurts… The headaches were never this bad until I met you. So partly yes” I murmured, moving my arms so I could prop myself up on my elbows.

He stood at the end of the couch dressed in a crew neck white shirt and pale pajama pants. My eyes grew wide in shock as my breath hitched. What the hell was I seeing! Now this is why people never actually lived with Vampires…

You get to learn things about them that chip away at that scary shell they all come with. And seeing the mighty Saebriel dressed in something cozy that I would expect to see on some teenage guy or girl, it blew my mind. Not as much as having him make me something to eat and then play maid and clean up. Still it was something to see, and I had to say he didn’t look bad in it at all. With his hair all ruffled up and messy like it was he looked cute.

“Lack of sleep, and physical exhaustion. You’ve had a few very hard days Rin. Resting would be a good idea” He said dropping his eyes to actually meet mine.

I felt my face heat, instinctively to protect myself I dropped back onto the couch and laid my arms over my face. I heard him scoff and then turn walking away, the soft pad of his bare feet on my hardwood floors. Oddly enough that scared me; I had never heard him move before.

The phone in the kitchen began to ring over and over again, Normally I would have shot straight up and gone to answer it. Mostly because normally I would be happy to talk to somebody. But I knew it was my Aunt, she was the only one who would call me.

Since Saebriel had invaded my life with his army of the undead to apparently torture me mentally, the only other person would logically be her. The phone went quiet and so did the house, I counted backwards from three imagining her typing in the numbers again.