Chapter 5 {Edited}

I paced back and forth in my room playing with the cell phone in my hands nibbling at my bottom lip nervously. What was I doing here? I had placed a call to Sabrinna but she hadn’t answered. I left a message and now I prayed silently she would call back and help me. My gut twisted in knots the more I thought about what that corpse had said, “I placed ownership over you, I‘ll be back to check on you”.

That just didn’t sound right to me, normally now would be the smart time to call my Aunty and spill my guts to her but I didn’t want to overreact. Maybe I had just misheard him, I paced once more from the wall to the closet door. Finally I gave in moving out into the hallway, my spine was rigid as I moved. I didn’t know what I was getting so worked up about, but I had barged into a Vampires classroom and bad mouthed them. What more did I expect?

I paced back and forth between my living room doorway and the doorway into the kitchen. I was scared, something may have happened to Sabrinna because of me. The Albino Naga, an albino snake, she was the only one I knew of ever. My phone started to go off and I nearly jumped out of my skin, with shaking hands I opened it accepting the call.

“Hello?”

A sniffle responded to me over the transceiver, “Hey, You-uh-called me” Sabrinna’s soft voice whimpered over to me.

I felt my blood chill, “Yeah, I wanted to talk to you” I said calmly my heart filling with burning rage.

She sobbed sniffling again, “I don’t think-Ah!- I don’t think that would be a good idea!” She cried out.

If I strained I could hear whispering in the background, “Put me on speaker, or hand the phone to the bastard touching you” I growled.

“She wants to-” She screamed suddenly.

“Saebriel you bastard! Don’t touch her” I screamed into the phone running towards my front door with its broken lock, “Why are you hurting her! She didn’t do anything” I shouted.

Silence met me, my blood was cold. “Damnit!” I screamed throwing the phone down the hallway.

I turned pushing out the front door not completely sure what the hell was going through my head as I marched down the stairs for the second time that night. I was an idiot, and now my only friend was going to pay for it. I stalked across the courtyard my fists curled so tightly that my dull nails broke the scabs on my hands cutting back into the half-moons shapes that were already on my palms. Somebody grabbed my shoulder and I spun bringing my fist around feeling it connect with a nose.

“Oh honey I dare you to do that again” I blinked through the rage at Saebriel.

I had hit a vampire… How in the hell had I done that? He grabbed my wrist and twisted to an awkward angle, I glared at him my jaw sawing together. I twisted around grabbing his arm and jerking from his grip, but instead of turning and running like the smart girl in me told my body to do. I stepped back up to him grabbing his blouse and pulling him down to meet me face to face.

“Where is she, you sadistic bastard” I spat my voice trembling.

He grabbed my wrists pinching them tightly until I thought the bones would snap, my fingers uncurled from around his shirt and I stared at the bloody stains I had left.

“I don’t appreciate you talking to me like that” He sighed, “Look now you’ve gotten blood on my shirt”

I turned away from him, if he was just going to taunt me then I didn’t want to deal with him.

“So you know my name, how about you give me yours” He called after me.

“After you kiss sunlight” I snapped.