Chapter 16 {Edited}

Ever kissed a dead person? No, well who in their right mind would… Apparently I would and the scariest part- no, the most disturbing part is I actually kinda… liked it. Besides that point, I just had a major snow-white-meets-Alice-in-wonderland trip.

No not like a trip to Disney land, more like a drug trip, and it even ended like one. Me lying on the floor of my bedroom, my entire body aching, my head feeling as though it were going to split open like an overfilled balloon, I even had a dead guy lying next to me moaning like a zombie. Together it must have made quite the scene.

“I hate you” I moaned rolling over onto my side.

“What is wrong with your head!” He whispered in a hoarse voice.

I sat up and held my head in my hands as I winced at the pounding pain, “It hates you, asshole.” I dropped my hands down to my sides slapping them on the floor, “Why did you jump into my head in the first place”

He glanced at me as he rubbed his own forehead, “Spur of the moment it was the only punishment I could think of at the time, I didn’t expect to be sucked in as well” He grumbled pushing to his feet, he wobbled a little then dropped back down onto his knees.

I shuffled over to him, I could hear him cursing himself out. Very tentatively I placed my hand on his shoulder, it made him jump and turn to glare at me. I flinched retracting my hand, Vampire menopause… That’s what this was, he was going through menopause.

“Are you alright?” He asked his eyes softening.

I blinked and focused on him drawing my mind in from my scattered thoughts, “Other than the worst headache I think I’ve ever had… Fine. Are you ok?”

It caught him off guard that I would ask him, I could see the surprise plain on his face. It made his eyes widen… It caused me to smile. Me a human asking if a vampire was ok, hell even if he wasn’t he would be in a little while.

“Fine.” He said trying to get up again.

I pulled him back down onto the ground and forced him to sit across from me, “You learned your lesson yet?” I asked kneeling in front of him.

He glanced up at me scowling, “Let me up Aderyn” He growled.

“Stay out of my head, and you can get up” I countered.

Saebriels eyes darkened and his jaw clenched, “I don’t have to agree to any of your terms” He snapped pushing me away.

I fell backwards landing on my butt, I winced at the dull pain. My frustration with this guy was reaching the limit of what I could take. He had come into my home and forced two marks onto me, made me live with his crazy ass, he’s put me through more pain than I would have suffered just from my everyday bullying. And he still had the arrogance to stand there and act like he had done nothing wrong. It all boiled up into four simple words, “You can die Saebriel” I hissed through my teeth.

Slowly he moved to his feet looking down at me, he made a scoffing sound and turned his back to me. His mistake…

“Where’s that coming from?” He laughed stretching his arms above his head.

“For your sake Saebriel don’t fall asleep here, Or I’ll cut your head off” the threat made my jaw clench because I wanted to do it so badly.

He laughed turning to look back at me, “Aderyn you can barely handle humans on a daily basis. If I did happen to rest you wouldn’t be able to kill me”

“I hate you” the words seethed with my building rage, I wanted so badly to hurt him but I couldn’t physically.

“There is a very fine line between hate and love Miss Aderyn Taun. Be careful which side you stumble onto” He warned.