Two

// Will's pov \\

The bus pulled up outside of my new high school. I'm not going to lie, I was petrified. But I couldn't let anyone know that. Weakness isn't the sort of thing I want to be showing to the people at this new school.

Nico stood up quickly and pushed his way past me, like he was eager to get somewhere. He didn't strike me as the kind of boy who loves school but you can't tell that sort of thing by looks I guess.

I stood up after Nico was off the bus and got off myself. A group of three boys pushed there way past me, almost knocking me down. "Watch where you're going." The blond boy in the middle hissed at me before storming off, his group of friends trailing after him.

I made my way into the building and someone gave me my schedule and a map of the school. Then I was abandoned, forced to make my way around the school to my first class. This was the hardest part of starting a new school. But I was used to it.

Then I saw Nico.

// Nico's pov \\

Octavian had found me. I had so desperately tried to run inside to avoid him and get to my class before anything bad could happen but one of his other friends had found me and stopped me. I now had to face the blue-eyed monster again.

The group of four demons crowded round me, forcing me to back up against the lockers. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to will them out of existence. That's when I heard his voice-"Nico?" Will!

Octavian spun round and faced the angel that is Will Solace. He was fuming. "And who, may I ask, are you?" Octavian spat the word you at Will as if being Will was the worst thing that could possibly happen to a person.

Will smiled at the other blond. "Will Solace." He said. His smile faded when he saw me, my back forced against the lockers by Octavian's three friends. "N-Nico? Are you okay? What's going on?" He stuttered.

As usual, I hid the fact I care about a person by pretending I hated him. "Why would you care?" I snapped. Will looked hurt by the words and I felt like a shitty human. He'd met me once, and we hadn't even had a proper conversation, but he actually cared.

No he doesn't, Nico. Stop it now! You're getting your hopes up which is going to make it hurt a lot more when he gets a girlfriend. And you know what will happen then. I though to myself.

// Will's pov \\

"Why would you care?" Nico spat at me. I actually flinched at the words that came from the boy's mouth. So much for trying to make friends with the unmistakably cute, dark, mysterious boy. I thought to myself.

"And who are you to Nico, Will Solace? I saw you two sat together on the bus." This boy is such an ass. He was prying into our private business - not that it was really that private as nothing has really happened between us - and he said my name as if I were a disease.

Nico answered for me. "He's no one, Octavian-" Octavian. That's his name. "-he just sat with me because there weren't any seats left. That's all." Nico's voice was so small when he addressed Octavian. So that means that Octavian's a bully as well as an ass.

"Is that so?" Octavian turned back to Nico. "So you wouldn't mind if anything... bad happened to Solace?" Nico stared down at his boots, stuttering out cute little ums. "I thought so." Octavian smirked at Nico then turned to me, the smirk still on his face. He pushed past me, purposely knocking into my shoulder.

When the four boys were out of sight, I moved closer to Nico. He flinched away from me. "Nico, I'm not gonna hurt you." I say quietly so only he could hear me.

"Th-that's what Octavian said." His voice was barely above a whisper.