Twelve

// Will's pov \\

New school, again. But at least I wasn't starting over completely. I still had Neeks with me. And hopefully this school will be better than the last. And hopefully the people will be nicer.

When the bus pulled up outside of school, Nico and I stayed back after everyone else got off. I gave him an encouraging smile before we got up and faced whatever was to come.

We walked through the doors into the building. After we were given our schedules, we explored the school. We found our lockers and were lucky to see that they were really close together. I then took a proper look at my schedule. Neeks did the same. We looked at them individually then compared them.

"We have almost all the same classes ." Nico pointed out. I smiled when I double checked and realised we did.

"Come on then, Neeks lets head to class."

--time lapse--

Neeks and I sat in our last period English class. We luckily found two desks next to each other to sit in. Throughout the class, I noticed Nico steal glances at me when he thought I wasn't looking. It was really cute and it took a lot for me not to smile every time I noticed.

The bell rang and I grabbed my stuff and stood up. Nico did the same. We left the classroom and headed to the bus.

Despite the fact we'd spent most of the day together, we asked each other how the other's day went.

I listened to Nico as he spoke about his day. He sounded so much happier now that he wasn't living with the constant fear of being beaten by Octavian. I could've cried, I was that happy for him.

// Nico's pov \\

Will and I sat down in our seats on the bus. He was talking about how his day went. I found it kind of funny how we were talking about our days since we spent most of our time together.

Will's phone then lit up. He read the text, smiling at his phone. "My mom said she's not going to be home till late and dad's on a business trip." He smiled at me. I didn't know why that was so important until he continued: "do you wanna come round?"

Of course I said yes.

The bus pulled up at Will's stop and we stood up. A couple others got off the bus with us but we ignored them.

We walked down a couple of streets together to get to his house. I walked as close to him as I could without tripping us up. I could tell that Will found it cute but he was trying his hardest not to say or do anything to show it.

We finally got to Will's house. He walked up to the front door and unlocked it. We walked in and Will headed to the kitchen so I followed.

When we got there, I bit my lip. The memories of Will fixing my nose after getting beaten by Octavian plagued my memory. Will turned and looked at me. He saw how nervous I was and came up to me, wrapping his arms around me. I felt to small in his arms, yet so safe and warm. I loved Will's hugs.

"It's okay, Neeks. Try not to think about him." Will whispered in my ear as he hugged me and ran his hands through my hair. It was really calming.

When I had calmed down, and Will knew it, he scooped me up and threw me over his shoulder. "WILL PUT ME DOWN!" I yelled at him as I struggled. He laughed and carried me up the stairs to his room.

By the time we got up there, I was laughing with him. He threw open the door and set me down on his bed. I held my stomach as it ached from me laughing so hard.

Will say down on the bed and propped his back up against the headboard. I moved around to sit next to him. He pulled his laptop out from under his bed and pulled YouTube up.

I tried to subtly move closer to Will but it didn't end up being very subtle. He turned and smirked at me then wrapped his arm around me and pulled me as close to him as possible. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

Since we were both loved to watch Dan and Phil, Will pulled up the new DanAndPhilGAMES Undertale video. He rested the laptop on his knee and we sat and watched all 54 minutes of it together.

When the video ended, Will closed his laptop and pushed it off his knee. He turned and planted a gentle kiss on my forehead. I smiled and blushed softly.

I felt Will shift around. I felt a bit uncomfortable at first. He stopped when he managed to pull his phone out of his pocket. I laughed slightly and he playfully punched me in the arm. He then started playing music. After a short while I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy came on. I smiled and sang along to the whole song. When it finished, Will sat up straighter and his eyes widened slightly - he'd just had an idea or remembered something. "We're going to see Fall Out Boy this month, aren't we?" He said.

I had totally forgotten about that. I grinned excitedly when I realised it was true.

// Will's pov \\

Nico's face lit up when I reminded him we were seeing Fall Out Boy live soon. He looked so genuinely happy, it made my heart hurt. When Neeks smiles a genuine smile, it could improve almost anyone's day. Just like my dad, he had an infectious smile and I loved it.

I grabbed my phone and just let all the Fall Out Boy songs I own play, hoping to get Nico to sing again, and to smile some more. It worked. He sung along to most of the songs and smiled as he did. After a couple of songs with me just watching him, I decided to join in and sing with him.

When spent a good hour and a half singing together to Fall Out Boy. However, when it got to about 45 minutes in, Nico's voice gave out so his beautiful singing stopped and it was a croaky, scratchy mess but neither of us cared. My voice lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes until I struggled to reach some notes.

It was a great evening. I loved spending time with my Neeks.