Three

// Nico's pov \\

Will Solace, why won't you just leave me alone. It's making my life so much harder. You're so distracting! You're eyes, I get lost in them. You're just too perfect for me to ignore when you're around. Just stay away! Please... Please...

// Will's pov \\

Classes were a bore! I didn't know anyone in any of the classes except Octavian, who I wouldn't go near even if I was payed, and Nico, who didn't want me to go anywhere near him. So that meant I sat alone, not speaking to anyone.

At lunch, I spoke to a couple of people but none of them stuck around for very long. Come on Solace, you're not doing very good at making people like you. I thought as I looked around for someone to talk to, but everyone was already deep into conversations with their friends.

I ate alone.

At last, the last bell rang and I was free to go home. I grabbed my stuff and left the building to go and catch my bus. I clambered on and sat down on my own. I watched Octavian and his group of asshole sit down at the back of the bus. Nico got on the bus later, a fresh cut on his lip. I turned my head and saw Octavian smirking. I swear I wanted to kill him.

It was my stop. I grabbed my backpack off the seat beside me and stepped off the bus onto my street. I walked down a couple street to get to my house. No cars in the drive - no one was home. Dad must still be at work, mom must be out shopping as she doesn't work Mondays.

The kitchen was my first stop after walking through the door. I grabbed an apple and a bottle of water before hiking up the stairs to my room.

I dumped my backpack by the door and went over to my desk. Sheet music littered the whole thing. I sighed. My guitar was propped against the side of my desk so I picked it up and grabbed the nearest sheet music started playing. I lost myself in the music. I didn't notice my phone ring. I didn't notice my mom's car pull up outside. Or my dad's car. I didn't hear my mom call me for dinner so she had to come and fetch me.

"William! Your father and I have been calling you for a good fifteen min- oh, you're lost in your music, aren't you." She sighed and pulled the guitar from my hands.

"Hey!" Then I realised it was my mom. "Did you need me, mom?" I asked.

"Dinner." She said simply and exited the room, propping the guitar up next to my door on her way out. I mentally cursed myself for getting lost in my music. Then I got up and followed my mom to the dining room.

My mother and father were sat at the table. My dad was on the phone, yelling at some poor guy to 'stop asking stupid questions' and to 'just do his damn job'. I felt sorry for the whoever it was. My dad can be scary when he wants to be.

He hung up when he noticed me. "Will!" He said, a genuine smile on his face. I couldn't help but smile too. My dad has one of those smiles that, if you see it, makes you feel like smiling too. I took my place at the table next to my dad.

"So, William-" I cringed. I hated my full name. "-how was your first day of school?" My mom asked as she handed my my plate of food.

"Like all the other first days. Normal. Boring." I say, stabbing some carrots with my fork. Fortunately they didn't press for anything more than that.

My dad them started talking about work. He owned a record company. Despite the fact he absolutely loves music, like me, and loves making it, like me, he never thought about actually recording his own music. He says he prefers helping other people record their own music and putting it out in the world. His music is, apparently, private and too personal for anyone but family to hear. I didn't judge him. I completely understood.

After finishing my meal, helping clear up, and listening to my dad complain about almost every single man and woman he had working for him, I managed to excuse myself and go back to my room.

// Nico's pov \\

School was hell as usual. Teachers kept picking on me for answers to questions on things I hadn't been listening to. People would stare at me every time I had to answer a question which made me feel really uncomfortable and stutter over my words. The looks people, teachers and students alike, would give me were horrible and made me feel worse.

Lunch was okay, I guess. Octavian didn't find me so I got by without any verbal or physical abuse and no trips to the nurse, which would end up in her asking me about how I was doing in regards to my mental health as she fixed whatever the blond-haired devil had done to me. But I was completely alone.

I wasn't so lucky after school. I was heading out of the building when one of Octavian's friends grabbed me. Octavian and his other bodyguard stood behind him, Octavian looking like a king; his arms crossed, head held high as if he owned the place, his posture impeccable. The guy, I didn't even know who he was, punched me in the mouth, splitting my lip and filling my mouth with blood. He then called me a nasty faggot, then left with his leader. I had to go to the bathroom to spit the blood out.

Home was much better. I got off the bus without being stopped by anyone. My dad was back from work, Seph and Hazel were home too. I opened the door and Hazel immediately noticed my spilt lip. She fussed around me, but I told her it wasn't that bad and she should just leave it. Hazel didn't look happy about it, but she did as I asked.

My father was upstairs in his study. Seph said he was really busy and I shouldn't bother him unless it was life-or-death. I sighed. Why was my father always too busy to spend time with us, his own family? I thought.

After dragging myself up the many stairs to my room on the third floor of my house, I threw my bag on my bed and grabbed my phone from my jacket pocket. I connected it up with my speakers and played Sleeping With Sirens. I sat on the floor, closed my eyes, leaned against the wall, and lost myself in the music, singing along to some of my favourite songs and drumming the beat on my knee.

I didn't go downstairs for dinner even though Hazel tried to make me. She came into my room, tried to talk me into going downstairs for dinner, shouting over the music. I refused then crawled into bed. She sighed then left.

I fell asleep.