Fifteen

// Nico's pov \\

When the movie credits started rolling my throat was killing me from singing so much. Luckily, Will didn't comment on it; he just curled up at my side and rested his head on my shoulder as I finished off the rest of the popcorn.

"I love it when you sing Nightmare Before Christmas songs. You look so happy when you do." Will said after a long, yet comfortable, silence.

I turned my head and looked down at him. "I do?" I asked. He simply nodded in response.

Will didn't speak again. After a while, I look down at him and see him asleep on my shoulder. I waited to see if he was in a deep sleep - which he was - then carefully stood up and picked him up bridal style. I carried him up the stairs to him room. Since he was around 6 foot it was a mission to avoid banging his head on a doorframe or wall as we passed them.

When we got up to Will's room, I lay him down on his bed and let him sleep. Then I got my earbuds and phone out of my pocket and listened to Panic! At The Disco. I sat next to Will as he slept.

A few hours later, Will woke up. His blond hair was pressed against his face on the side in which he slept on, which I thought was very cute. He did not.

The rest of our weekend together was spent listening to music, singing and playing music together, Will attempting to teach me to play the guitar (which ended with us both mentally and physically exhausted), and watching movies together.

Then Monday came. Back to school.

My alarm woke me up at the same time it does every school day. I got out of bed half an hour after the alarm sounded and took a shower. After showering, I got dressed in my usual clothes, grabbed my backpack, and ran down the stairs.

Hazel was sat at on the counter in the kitchen as Seph cooked breakfast. Father must be home judging by the food she was preparing.

I kissed Hazel on the cheek before leaving the house and walking to the bus stop.

// Will's pov \\

I clambered up and sat down next to Nico on the bus. We spent the bus ride in comfortable silence, enjoying each others' company.

When we finally got to school, I walked with Nico to my locker. When we got there, there was a group of five people stood in front of it.

"Excuse me, but could I get to my locker please?" I asked the boy that was currently leaning against my locker. I looked him up and down: dark hair, sea green eyes, athletic build, obviously popular.

"Oh yeah. Of course... Sorry." He said, smiling warmly at me. He seemed like a decent person.

He, and his group of friends, stepped away from my locker. I opened it and got everything out that I needed. Once I'd finished, I made my way to my first class. Sadly, Nico was in a different class to me, so we had to part ways.

I sat down in a seat when I got to the classroom. After a few minutes, the boy with green eyes that was leaning against my locker walked in with one of the other boys from his group. This boy had short blond hair and blue eyes, a small scar was visible on his upper lip. They sat down next to each other, the green-eyed boy in the seat in front of me, the blond to his left.

Throughout the class, I got to know the two boys pretty well. Their names were Percy Jackson and Jason Grace. Percy was on the school's swim team and Jason was a football player. They were both really nice guys.

At lunch, Nico and I met up in the cafeteria. We both had our food when Jason came up to us with a girl who I assumed was the girlfriend he told me about, Piper. Jason invited us to sit with him and his friends. I jumped to the idea and sat down with them. Nico seemed a little hesitant.

// Nico's pov \\

I didn't really want to, but Will seemed to eager to make friends with them, so I sat down at the table to Will's left.

By the end of lunch, I had five more acquaintances than I started off with. Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, Jason Grace, Piper Mclean, and Leo Valdez. Percy and Annabeth were dating each other; Jason and Piper were also dating. Piper and Leo had been friends since they were six years old. They all became friends when they started high school.

I'm not sure how I felt about the whole situation. It was all so different. I'm not used to big crowds. I've never really had a large number of friends at one time. Three at the most, and that was when I was eight years old.

I also didn't like that I couldn't talk to Will the same way I did when we were alone. It was a big change from our usual lunchtimes. And I'm not sure how I felt. I wouldn't be lying if I said I was uncomfortable.

After lunch, Will and I made our way to our History class. We sat down in our usual seats by the window. But this time, we had some company. Annabeth sat down in the seat next to Will, Piper and Leo sat in the seats in front of us.

"Hey Will, Death Boy." Leo smiled his mischievous grin at me.

"Where'd you get that nickname from?" I asked him.

His grin widened. "You look like Death." Leo replied. "Pale skin, dressed all in black, permanent scowl." I turned to look out of the window, choosing to ignore the annoying boy.

I spent most of the class listening to Annabeth answer questions and occasionally correct the teacher. I never once moved my eyes from the window. I can safely say, I was not fond of Will's new friends.