Nine

// Nico's pov \\

"Your voice is amazing, gorgeous, beautiful like you" Will solace just called me amazing and gorgeous and beautiful. ME! I was about to die. Did he really think that about me? Or was he joking. What do I say now? Do I tell him how I feel about him? Oh god! What do I do?!

I looked at Will and he was blushing red. Was he going to say something else? He looked like he wanted to but couldn't find the words to express how he felt.

After a while of awkward silence, Will spoke. "Nico. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say that then. But now I have, there's something you should know... Ireallylikeyouandhaveeversincewemetthatdayonthebus." He rushed the last part and I didn't catch on to any of it.

"Could you say that last part again please. A little slower this time." I said.

"I really like you and have ever since we met that day on the bus." Will repeated, this time so I could understand him.

Wait what! Will likes me? Will likes me! Oh my god! This is the best news ever. I could feel the blush rising up to my cheeks. And I could tell Will noticed it too.

Will was blushing too, his usually tanned skin now dotted with pink. It was very cute. He was nervously scratching the back of my neck, waiting for my reply. I had no idea what to say to him. What do you say to boy that's just said he likes you?!

// Will's PoV \\

I just told Nico that I like him. And he hasn't said anything. Oh god. What if he doesn't like me and hates me for liking him? This is horrible.

Just when I was starting to regret my very existence, Nico spoke, "I-I like you too, Will."

I was so happy, he likes me too! I could tell I was smiling like a fool but I didn't care. Nico di Angelo likes me back! I wanted to hug him but I didn't think he'd appreciate it.

I was wrong. Nico got up and came over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and snaked my arms around his small frame and held him close to me. I could've wept with joy.

When we finally pulled apart, Nico scratched the back of his neck nervously. "S-so what now?" He asked, a cute, nervous smile on his face.

"Do you mean, are we boyfriends?" I rose an eyebrow and him and smirked slightly. He nodded and blushed. "Well, I want to be your boyfriend. Do you want to be mine?" I asked.

He stumbled over the words as he said them. "Y-yes of course I do, Will." It was very cute watching him getting flustered.

--time lapse--

A week later was the first time Nico and I were caught by Octavian.

We were sat in the cafeteria, sharing some fries and talking about nothing in particular when Octavian noticed us and walked over.

"Oh my god, how can you share food with it? I'm pretty sure you'll catch something from the little fag, Solace." Octavian said. It really pissed me off when he called Nico an it, and it filled me with rage when he called Nico a faggot.

I stood up and faced him. I heard Nico whimper quietly. Octavian didn't pick it up.

I was about an inch and a half taller than Octavian, and I was a lot stronger than him, but he had his bodyguards with him. "Why can't you just leave Nico alone? What did he ever do to you?" I snapped at him.

Octavian's smirk grew. "Oh. You haven't told him, Nico. Tut tut tut."

"Told me what?" I asked, looking from Octavian to Nico. Nico was trying to disappear into the shadows.

"It's noth-" Nico started.

Octavian cut him off, "The little faggot kissed me!" He hissed at us like a snake, his eyes thin slits.

I looked at Nico and he looked like he was about to cry.

"Is that true?" I asked. Nico nodded. "When? When did you kiss him?"

"About three years ago..." Nico replied.

I spun back round to face Octavian. "Three years ago? Why the hell is it still a big deal? Why was it a big deal in the first place?" I snapped at him.

"He's a boy and he kissed me! Boys don't kiss boys!"

I didn't know what I was thinking, what was going on in my head, but I walked round the table to Nico, took his face in my hands and kissed. In the middle of the cafeteria, in front of the biggest homophobe that ever lived.

Nico pushed me in the chest and fell off his chair. He crawled under the table and hugged his knees.

I'm a horrible boyfriend.

// Nico's pov \\

Will kissed me. In front of Octavian. The other people in the room didn't matter to me. Octavian was going to kill me and Will. We were dead meat.

A hand reached under the table and grabbed me by the shirt - one of Octavian's bodyguards. The other had hold of Will, who was trying to fight his way out, but it was pointless. I didn't even bother.

They dragged us into the bathroom, Octavian walking behind us with an evil smirk on his face. I couldn't meet anyone's eyes - not Will's, not Octavian's, no ones.

The bodyguards threw us into the bathroom and yelled at all the guys in there to get out. Will turned and glared at them. I lay where I landed and didn't bother moving.

The bodyguard that brought Will in here kicked him in the face. Blood rushed out of his nose that was clearly broken.

I felt the presence of a person kneel next to me. Then I felt hands in my long black hair. The hands tugged on it until I was facing the owner of said hands - Octavian. I stared at him and waited for the punches and insults.

He raised his fist and swung down at me.