A long day

Chapter 7

By the time I got home from our waxing appointment I was tired and a little sore. That was the first time I had gotten anything else waxed besides my eyebrows. I thought that getting the full bikini wax would hurt but it was a walk in the park compared to my arm pits. Never again will wax touch that spot “OUCH”. So now I have perfectly shaped eyebrows and I’m hairless on my pits and from the hips down and I must say it’s a little sensitive.

 Kat talked non stop about the beach party, my sex with clothes on dancing with Ryan and then the incident at breakfast. I tried to keep as quiet as I could about it all because I didn’t feel comfortable talking about or even thinking about it. In the back of my mind I was quite flattered that Ryan did that at breakfast. Most people would think it was funny or gross but I liked that in my mind I caused him to do it.

 Dad was sitting in the lounge when I came in “April, Can we have a talk please. There are a few things I want to discuss with you”. Walking over to sit on the couch across from him, I said “Sure what’s up?”

 A sad look came across his face before her started to talk. “I know I have been absent these last few years and for that I am truly sorry, I was grieving for your mum and to be honest I still am, I always will. I just now realised that you kept growing up without me and now you are such a beautiful young lady and everyone around here speaks so fondly of you”. Taking a deep breath he continued “Did you not come to me with your dreams about the twins because I was never here?” The change in direction in our conversation took me a minute to understand his last question. How and I mean HOW does he know about the dreams, Kat is the only one I have ever talked to about them. I just stared at him wide eyed.

 “April when I first met your mum she was 4 months pregnant with you” he gave me a sad smile letting what he said sink in before continuing. “She started having some pretty steamy dreams about me, but she just thought it was because she was pregnant and all the hormones running through her system. Finally when she was 8 months into her pregnancy she finally said yes to going on a date with me, nothing flash just a picnic and a walk, and her waters broke just as we finished lunch. I got to watch you come into this world. I got to see you take your first breath. I fell instantly in love with you. Your mum even let me help name you. Did you know that was the best day of my life”.

 I was trying to take everything he said in but the one thing that kept going through my head was “his not my dad” over and over. “Why are to saying this” I managed to choke out through the emotions clogging my throat. “Because sweetie, the time has come that you need to know some things, things that I should have told you but never did.” Nodding my head he continued “Do you remember right before your mum passed what she kept asking for?” Coughing to clear my throat I said “Her Tiger she wanted to see her Tiger one more time”. Giving me a smile that didn’t reach his eyes he nodded and said “Do you know what she meant by that April?”

Unfortunately I did know what he was talking about. In the last couple of years of my mum’s life she started a journal, a book to write in that she gave to me shortly before her death. In it she had all her favourite memories which were all focused around dad and me. In it she talked about dad harassing her for months before she said yes to a date with him but she never said she was already pregnant with me. She wrote about all my firsts and how she would get jealous when dad would take me on a special daddy daughter outing and leave her at home. She wrote about her “Tiger” that dad would turn into that beautiful creature. That like all the story books he could change between the two forms at will. That he was her sole mate, her one true love besides me. Growing up my bedtime stories where always about mum’s beautiful Tiger. How when he was around how she always felt protected and loved. And I never doubted what she wrote, if she said he could do that than I just believed he could. Strange I know.