Dinner

Chapter 20

Well I’m defiantly not dreaming. They are back, the Twins are back. My body is still coming down from its high. Ryder is taking all my weight as I lean on him. Ryan is drawing lazy circles on my knee, his other hand is still in me. It seems like he does want to remove his fingers and break that connect between the two of us.

The words that Ryder is whispering make me feel cherished and loved but that annoying little voice is in the back of my head saying things that are making me remember about reality. They make me remember that it has been three years almost since they went away and I ran off to Oz.

I have a life now without the twins and my schooling is important to me it always has been. I still have 5 years left of it and I don’t study here in America. It’s about a 20 hour flight to Australia. We need to start talking and find out where we all stand and what each one of us wants but I also just want to enjoy a moment with them where the future doesn’t matter.

 I keep my eyes shut and reach and grab hold of Ryan’s wrist slowly pulling his fingers out. My muscles twitch and clench protesting against the movement but I need to start the talking process and there is no way it will be happening if his hand stays where it is.

Keeping my eyes closed I attempt to fix my outfit and slide my leg off Ryan’s lap back onto the ground and start to pull away from Ryder. When I believe I’m decent again and sitting on my own, I open my eyes and look at the table. My glass is tipped over and cutlery no longer lying in a straight line like it was. I reach out to fix it and wonder if I will get a bruise on my knee from where it hit under the table.

I will admit that I am embarrassed that we just did that in a restaurant and I really hope there aren’t security cameras in here but I don’t regret what just happened. I needed that and I think it was the only way to convince me that I wasn’t dreaming. Since they have been gone I still have the regular sex dreams about them. Most of the time I am left hanging or i only have a minor release and wake up wanting more, my body still throbbing and needy. Plus I have discovered self help in that area doesn’t help at all just makes the problem worse.

“So Welcome Home you two” I say quietly. Ryan’s hand finds my thigh and he gives it a little squeeze until I look at him. “Will you marry me now?” the words come out of his mouth and I can’t help to laugh. At least I know where he still stands but marriage isn’t on the table. I hear Ryder say “Dickhead” under his breath.

“Don’t you two think that we should really talk about everything and go from their. Before this all happened we had only been together for such a short time and that was so long ago. I don’t … “trailing off because I really don’t know what to say. I don’t want to put myself out there only to lose them again and I want to hear what they have to say.

“Let’s order some meals” Ryder says and stands to move back round the other side of the booth. He signals of a waitress to come over and I notice that the coffee coloured pants he is wearing has a wet spot on the upper leg. I look at his face and he flashes me a charming sexy smile and says “Your good Baby” I flush crimson and restrain myself from checking out Ryan’s pants to see if he is matching his twin.

After ordering non alcoholic drinks much to my dismay and Ryder ordering us all steaks. Silence falls over us. And I take the time to really check them out. They are so similar but so different. It is easy to see that the last few years haven’t been easy on them. There hair is longer, it gives them a rogued look, an older look. There eyes are still the same but seem to hold more knowledge. There bodies are larger and muscles seem more defined and I ache to rediscover them and the changes.

They are doing the same to me as I am to them and it is easy to sense the direction our thoughts are going in. Ryder wiggles his eyebrows at me “Didn’t think I could get any sexier did you Baby?” I fight the blush trying to come to my cheeks again and force a yawn “You look old, I was only staring so hard to see if you had any grey hairs yet.” His smile drops a little and then comes back twice as large “You have no idea how much I missed that sense of humour of yours Baby”. I'm tempted to tell him how much I have missed his smart mouth.

“What do you want to talk about first April” Ryan asks from beside me. It occurs to me that we have never gone out like this before and I want to be selfish and enjoy this time together without bringing up the past and what our future may hold. I want to enjoy right now like this, the three of us, just together hanging out being us without all of the pressure.

I bite my lip and look at him “Can we talk later after tonight’s over. I just want to enjoy right here, right now please?” He smiles and I melt “Anything you want Kitten”. Ryan grabs my hand and brings it to his mouth and kisses it and I realise I haven’t given him a welcome home kiss. My eyes go to his lips and I remember everything about them and what talent he can possess with those lips, him and his brother.

Ryan’s eyes darken and he brings his mouth to mine. Angels sing in my head and imagine makes me smile into the kiss. It doesn’t last long until Ryder lets out an overly dramatic cough and we break apart.

Ryan death glares his brother and I smile already knowing that he is going to say something to piss Ryan off even more. Ryder opens his mouth but I feel Ryan move and Ryder wince and the classic kick under the table just took place. “You always want to be the centre of attention Ryder but you got your kiss so back off it’s my turn now and besides we both know Kitten likes me more” Ryan saying this start a very immature word war between the brothers that has tears in my eyes from what they are saying. I haven’t seen them like this and I love that they bicker like an old married couple.

Dinner is a relaxing affair and one of the best nights. My face hurts from smiling at the twins antics. Ryan’s seriousness and softness and Ryder’s cheeky naughty side, he knows just how to wind his brother up.

Outside the restaurant I ask “So what now?” Ryder tries to keep the mood light with a wiggle of his eyebrows “Your place or mine baby?” “Yours” I answer, I don’t want to go back to mine, I want to go to there place and see if the dust is gone and it looks lived in again. I want to see if they are here to stay. I want to ease that doubt in the back of my mind that keeps telling me that it was too good last time and I lost them, this time will be the same.