1. Wide Awake

It seemed like every single cell in my body wanted to die, but kept trying to live anyway. Was there even any point? They were all dead, I knew that, maybe didn't want to believe it. "Oh come on Jekyll, wake up", a voice in my head said. Hyde probably. "Or do you want to see the world fall with you?" But Lord Trash is dead, isn't he? His heart is crushed.

"Yes, but what about Dance? He has demon blood running through his veins now. He can destroy the world just as much as Trash. Get up Jekyll. Get up!" A pulse ran through my body like an electric shock and I burst upwards. Looking around me alarmed, I'm in the middle of a crowd of bodies. The Calyx was lying on its side just next to Dance, and in a fit of panic I throw it at the wall. It explodes in a starburst of black and grey cloud, leaving nothing but a pile of ashes on the floor. But there was no time for celebration, as Dance had awoken. The left side of his face was a large red scar and his eyes were ablaze with anger.

"Well, well, well, Mr Jekyll. Though I shouldn't be surprised. One should expect the company of immortals at the end of the world".

"I'm no immortal. And neither are you".

"Such a waste of a Hyde. We could have ruled the world together".

"Meaning you rule, me be your little lap-dog doing your errands for you?"

"Of course. Just two Gods, because that's what we are, Jekyll. No matter what MIO or anyone says, we are Gods. We soar higher than their primitive brains, and they can't take it, thinking they are no longer superior".

"You'd be surprised", Robert said looking over at what was left of his family. "Though some are stubborn, two-timing, bloodthirsty little creatures, they have accepted me. Because they know, that monsters live in us all, they just hide in our pasts, futures". Dance cackled, an elongated, slightly sarcastic laugh that made Fedora shiver at his feet.

"Accept you?", he chuckled, then his smile dropped. "The only people who accept you is your own kind". A gun clicked to his temple connected to Fedora, very much alive, with darkened eyes and swept back hair.

"Yes, so turn around, go back to your little playground, and leave him alone".

"Or what? Dear".

"Or I'll stick half a gallon of monocane in your skull".

"Fine, but I will come back. I will haunt you for the rest of your damned life until you're either dead or with Tenebrae", Dance spat, and turned to leave. "But you want something yourself, don't you?" Fedora shuffled around, but still standing firm with her threat.

"I want you to get out of this house, and leave this family alone". Why had she suddenly changed? She was one of Tenebrae's top, but I saw sadness behind the engineered hate in her eyes. Something told me she knew something I didn't, but what?

"And?" he asked. "Fedora, you should know by now. If you don't ask, you don't get".

"Remove the Hyde-block. Please". Hyde. Maybe that was her secret? That she was a Hyde. But that only ran in our family, didn't it?
"Of course dear", he says, pulling out a small device about the size of a letter opener. He clicked a button on it, but all that happened was silence, well, for a moment. Fedora fingers unclenched from the gun's handle, so it clattered to the ground, then moved her hands to the sides of her head with a look of true pain on her face. She fell onto her knees, crying out in pain as Dance looked on smiling. "Monocane", she wheezed, staring upwards at Jekyll. "Please, please I need monocane".
"Why should I? You tried to kill my brother".
"Please, please, I'm begging you. Please, take the pain away".
Jekyll consider for a minute, looking on the broken figure swathing in green fabric. He then looked over at Ravi, just by the door, unconscious with a single bead of blood running from his hairline where one of Silas's goons had hit him.
"I- I just can't. I'm sorry", he said finally. Her face twisted into hurt, not just from the agony going on inside her head, she took a dive at the case of monocane in Silas's hand. He batted her away, then looked to Dance for his next move.
"Come, we will leave these humans be. For now", he exclaimed, pushing past the slowly wilting body of his former lover.
"You have to believe me. I'm on your side. They controlled me. Turned my powers against me so I would do what they said. Please, please, just give me the monocane".
But before Jekyll could say no again, a tiny voice came from the stairs just beside him.
"Lottie? My Lottie?" He turned to see who it was - Maggie.
"Has my granddaughter finally come home?"