17 - Epilogue

"I am terribly sorry, m'lady", Dance grovelled. "It will not happen again". He had hitched a ride on the Tenebraen owned ship back to their headquarters, but was not looking forward to his encounter with Keres. And he was right to be, she was ripping shreds into him.

"I've given you enough chances already", Keres screamed, like a banshee. "I will not give you any more. You have carelessly lost the one thing I told you not to, and then you leet one of our best agents go off on the haywire".
They held this 'meeting' in the reception room, which only added to the intimateness of it all, with its soaring ceiling and grand furniture. Keres had her back to Dance the whole time, the only thing looking at him in the room were his two Vitala he had brought with him.

"I do not see what the problem is. Lottie, Fedora, whatever the Hell she's calling herself now, she was never one of us. She was using us to get to Hyde. Think of her expungment as me getting rid of a virus in the system. And as for whatever these three things are, they only have the sword, and they've given it away

"What?". Keres swing around, a doubtful look on her face.

"According to the spies down in London, the Amortidor creature now holds it". She thought about this for a moment, her eyes darting from left to right as if she was trying to add something up. Then, she laughed, bearing white fangs, and held Dance by the collar of his jacket like a scolded school boy.

"Send your best Vitala down there. Tear them to shreds and bring me the sword".

"I will be going too, I guess", Dance signed, straightening out his crumpled jacket collar.

"No, you will stay here. It's time I'm sending my representative to be my eyes and ears".

"May I ask who that is?" She didn't need to answer, as a man started to walk down the stairs. He was around 6" 1, tanned skin with tumbling black hair, but the one thing that struck him more about him was the fact that he was wearing a Vitala uniform. Half his face was covered with black linen strips, but from underneath it, he could see two completely black eyes. The whites of them were drowned in black, the only colour being the remnants of blue where his irises had been. And though it had been a long time, he knew exactly who he was - Louis Hyde...