7 - The Three Hyde Artifacts

"Yes, I got that", he retorted and Garson shot him a dirty look.
"Hyde, shut up for a minute. You're terrifying the poor lass". He threw over a monocane aeropump and instead Olalla caught it mid-air.
"May I do the honours?" she asked her brother and he only answered with a grumble. "Think of it as pay-back". A smile reached across her face as she sprayed a large amount of monocane into his face. Hyde retreated again, but Jekyll could hear him snarling in his sub-concious like a caged animal.
"I'm so sorry everyone. I just-. Sorry".
"Apology accepted. Besides, the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off", Natalia answered and forced herself to hold back the terrified tears.
"Please, carry on", Robert said nervously.
"I'll start from the beginning then. I've got Lottie's memories too, so I might be able to fill in some gaps". She gave a tiny smile. "Lottie Hyde was a creature of extraordinary power, the same level as some of the old Gods even. They called her 'Magnae Deae Pan', that's where M comes from".
"The Great Goddess Pan", Ravi commented. "It's Latin".
"Wasn't she Lottie Jekyll?" Maggie asked, an underlying tone of annoyance, because not only was this girl pretending to be her granddaughter, she didn't even know her name.
"She was. But after she left your care she was taken in by Tenebrae and... tested on. Her Jekyll side was removed with black monocane and then she was just left with Hyde".
"So, hold on, hold on", Ravi started. "Before Tenebrae, where was she?"
"With me, of course. Her father left her in my care. He didn't want his children together for some reason", Maggie interrupted. Natalia chuckled under her breath.
"Ever heard of the Three Hyde Artifacts? They're a set of items that changer families pass down. They always have one for each child, and once they are all together, they pass down the answers to the problems of the generation before"..
"So, I've got one?" Robert asked, adding two and two together.
"And me?" Olalla added.
"What were the only things you had from your family?" Natalia asked.
"My father's coat".
"My bloodspike".
"May I borrow them for a minute?" Natalia enquired and they obediently handed them over. Gently she pulled a necklace over her head and showed it to them. It had a simple design, three golden strips crossing over each other. "The third artifact. And possibly the most important, given to the Hyde that had the most power". On Robert's jacket, she found a lighter patch of material inside, and with the sharp side of the necklace, cut a horizontal line into it. Robert winced as he heard the stitches breaking one by one, and saw Natalia dig her hand into the fabric. After much searching her fingers clasped around something rectangular and pulled it out.
"Found it", she said and dropped it on the table. It seemed to be a rather dusty box. Robert curiously picked it up and dusted it off. It was the same dimly shining shade of gold as the necklace and had the initial J/H on the top, presumably Jekyll/Hyde.
"What is it?"
"It's a box".
"Slightly more specific would be nice".
"I don't know a lot but according to the Tenebrae archives it holds the blade to the Lapida Drakos sword".
"Again on the specifics".
"The Lapida Drakos sword is the one thing that can put Dance down for good. It was made by your father, but split it so Tenebrae wouldn't get their hands on it. You have the blade, Olalla the handle and Lottie had the piece that held it together". Robert anxiously opened the box and picked out the blade. It was a darkened red colour like the colour of tar and blood. It was no longer than four inches, and had two green gems at the foot of it.

"Not as impressive as it sounds", Olalla retorted.

"Oh God, you Jekylls. You just take the information in front of you and leave it at that. Curiousity seems to be the one thing you lack". Robert looked at the blade in his hand and instinctively flicked it forward. It immediately tripled in size and curved like a cutlass. "Better".

"What's it made of? Looks like no sort of metal I've ever seen", Robert asked, enchanted by the way the gems flickered in the light.

"It's pure black monocane, solidified with a bit of steel in it. Forged in the breath of a dragon and purified by the water Gods. You're father worked hard to make it. He wanted Dance dead... Now the handle". She brought the bloodspike off the table and twisted it so the blood inside made it glow crimson. Taking the blade carefully, she fixed them together using the bloodspike's 'teeth', and then stood back to admire her handiwork.

"It's beautiful", Olalla commented and gazed at it in wonder of how something so dangerous could be so mesmerizing.

"And not complete yet", Natalia answered and ripped the necklace so she was left with just the pendant. She placed it in between the handle and sword and turned it so the pieces locked together. "There. The Lapida Drakos, back to full form".

"That's all well and good, but where do you fall into this. You seem to be on everyone's side", Olalla retorted.

"I am on the side of life, or what I think is worthy enough to be it. I admit, I was a fool to join Tenebrae, but they promised me a life further than MIO".

"You were in MIO too?"

"I was born there, well, created. You see most monsters who are born into the world, hating and disbelieving, they live their lives the way they want. Monsters who are created though, they are born with a set purpose, a set life. Mine was to keep the world unaware that Lottie ever existed".

"Why?"

"She was a Goddess on Earth. MIO was worried that she would get... tired of Earth. They captured her in a Tenebrae raid and locked her in numerous chambers, but she kept breaking out of them".

"Daddy's girl", Garson said underneath his breath.

"So I was created to absorb her powers so she could be safely locked in a cryogenic chamber without any disturbances. And it's been that way for twenty years, well, until now".

"Still doesn't explain why you haven't got any heartbeats".

"My bodily functions have been locked in suspended animation. So have Lottie's powers".

"So if Lottie's killed by Tenebrae, they have a backup", Robert sighed. "You know where she is?"

"Of course".

"Good. Tell Tenebrae".

"Of c-. Wait, what?"

"Well, what better place to end Dance's life. Where all his favourite things are".

A/N : Picture's of the Three Hyde Artifacts - L x