"Crazy Love"

A slow anticipatory tingle crept from the top of her head, all the way down to her toes. Her cheeks were flushed and her stomach was doing flips. She waited in the wardrobe tent with Penny as the last of the guests filtered in and took their seats. They stood next to each other, facing the floor length mirror that was propped up against the side of the tent.

"Penny. I love you so much."
"I love you too mom."
"This is good. This is really good, isn't it?"
She smiled and squeezed her mom's hand.
"Really good, Mom. Stop worrying."

"Vanessa and Penny Day? Ready?"
"Ready," Vanessa croaked and followed one of Gwyneth's many team members.
"Please wait here until the music starts, then enter," she pointed to a spot on the floor, just behind a closed curtain. They drew their breaths in and blew out in unison, an attempt to settle their nerves. Before Vanessa could think of anything else she wanted  to say, Dave started singing again.

"I can hear her heart beat for a thousand miles
And the heavens open up every time she smiles
And when I come to her that's just where I belong
Yet I'm running to her like a rivers song,"

Another deep breath and the curtain was opened for them to make their entrance. Draped twinkle lights crisscrossed the tent, above everyone's heads and the whole of the guests were all seated at round tables with their eyes on them. Every face seemed generic, even if they were far from it. She was only looking for her groom. Penny squeezed her mother's hand and started them down the aisle.

"She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
She's got a fine sense of humor when I'm feeling low down"

Robert stood next to Henry in wait, wearing a navy blue, three-piece suit with a faint, light gray pinstripe running through it. On his feet were what she assumed were his latest addition to his "fancy sneakers" collection. He wore a white dress shirt and a plum purple bow tie with minuscule polka dots on it. He'd had his hair styled in his characteristic quiff and Vanessa's heart melted at the sight of him. Even behind his quirky style and tinted glasses she could see him for who he was. The man she loved, compact, smart-assed and adorable in every way.

"And when I come to her when the sun goes down
Takes away my trouble, takes away my grief
Takes away all of my heartache, in the night like a thief
She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
Crazy love, she gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love, mm"

One final strum of the guitar and Vanessa had reached him. He closed his arms around Penny and whispered something in her ear that Vanessa couldn't hear. Something meant to be kept between them. Her daughter smiled and stepped to the side so Vanessa could move to stand next to him. Robert had chosen Henry to officiate and Vanessa couldn't have been happier. She had no idea he was even certified to do such a thing. Robert lifted her veil and moved it from her face, before whispering in her ear.
"You're stunning. I love you so much," he smirked and pecked her cheek.

"Ladies and gentlemen, family and friends, we're gathered here today to celebrate the union of Miss Vanessa Day and Mister Robert Downey Junior. At this time, if anyone should object to this union, speak now or forever hold your piece."
Nobody objected and so Vanessa blew out a quick breath she didn't know she'd been holding. Robert could sense her nerves and gave her hands a reassuring squeeze. He mouthed the words 'you ok?' and she quickly nodded in response. Henry held his microphone out to Robert and he started to speak.

"Once I met you, I knew very quickly-almost immediately-that I'd make you my wife. I wanted to marry you on the very spot that we met, and here we are. Me, the happiest man in the world and you, the most beautiful person I've ever known. You've shown me that is okay to be vulnerable and I've learned a kindness and patience that I've never known before."