Chapter Two

**Nico's POV**

The Iris Message appeared in front of me while I was getting ready to punch Leo in the face. My arm was raised above my head, and balled into a tight fist. I had Leo in my grasp, holding onto his shirt collar tightly.

"Um, Nico?" The voice of Sally called from the watery mist. I dropped Leo, and turned towards the mist with an awkward laugh.

"Yes, Sally?" I asked with a fake giddiness in my tone.

"I take back what I had said earlier. Percy explained his grades. You are still welcome for Christmas like planned." She said.

"Can I spend the night tonight?" I asked. Sally knew Percy and I wouldn't do anything.

"Of course, Nico. I'll gladly let you over." She said with a smile.

"Thanks Sally! I'll talk to you later!" I mentioned as I swiped through the Iris Message and turned back towards Leo. He had his hands up in surrender. "Are you done making fun of Percy and I for dating each other?"

Leo gulped. "Y-Yeah. I won't ever do it again. It was supposed to just be a joke though, Nico. I didn't mean for it to offend you."

I did my job. I scared the living shadows out of him. I turned on my heel and walked to our bedroom. I packed up my things, and walked outside. I shadow traveled to Percy's house.

**Percy's POV**

"If it isn't Perseus Jackson," a maniacal voice boomed.

I whipped my head towards the sound, and frowned when I saw nothing. I slowly walked towards the missing space, trying to determine the speaker.

"Who are you?!" I screamed. My voice seemed to carry, and I realized where I was. The red and poisonous landscape encircled me.

"Who am I? Well, I am the one you fought in your first war. I am the one that possessed your friend, Luke Castellan." The voice sounded.

I froze in my tracks.

"Kronos." I said in a voice of hatred. "What do you want from me?"

"I want you to join my side! I need a new host, and you are perfect! You can always go through torture if you say no. What is your choice, Perseus?"

I growled. "I will never join your side, Kronos. Why do you even need an army! You aren't even a whole being. Your just still pieces!"

"Or am I?"

A figure with bright golden eyes stepped forward. His hair sparkled with bits of gold, and I couldn't help but feel awestruck at his features.

I shook my head. I couldn't get distracted.

"I won't join your side." I growled out. He shrugged.

"I guess you just need a little push." He said, and I raised an eyebrow at his words.

"Hello, Perseus."

This voice was female, and it sounded almost... Tired.

Gaea.

I turned around and groaned.

"Oh great, it's dirt face." I said with sarcasm. I went flying back into a canyon wall for that one.

"Hey, Percy... You okay...?" Nico said from the end of the bed. I just now realized the sweat on my forehead and the scream trying to push through my parted lips. I sat up, my breathing heavy.

"Nico, I know who we are fighting in the war. We have to Iris Message Chiron, and the gods. We need to Iris Message Reyna and Frank. We need to do it soon."

Nico's eyes widened, and he fished for a drachma in his pocket.