Chapter Twelve

Percy's PoV

"What do you mean there was a note from Nico?" I said as I rushed into a standing position.

Malcolm handed the note to me and I quickly read it to myself as my eyes widened. I dropped the note in shock and began pacing as I started dragging my fingers through my hair. Will reached down and grabbed it from the ground.

Percy,

I have sent this hellhound for you to come and find me. It knows where I am and it has orders to give you a ride to my location. I hope you haven't done anything stupid or impulsive in your attempts to find me. I love you. I'm (mostly) okay, I promise. I will not leave you Percy.

Nico.

I looked over at Will as he finished reading the note aloud. Malcolm and Will both had a worried look on their face as they watched my expression.

"I just killed a way to get to Nico," I murmured, a look of pure guilt and misery on my face.

I plopped down on the hard ground and nearly burst in to tears. I felt a few hot tears cascade down my cheek and it took everything in me not to break out in ugly sounding sobs.

"Percy, calm down," Will said softly as he wrapped him in a tight hug. "It could have been a trap for all we know. How would that hellhound have even known where we were? We've been walking in random directions."

I looked over at him and bit my lip. I didn't want to accept it but I had a feeling he was right.

"Come on, lets keep searching," Malcolm said, smiling at me.

I gave a weak attempt of a smile as I stood. We began walking.