Swamp Royalty ~Part 1~

When I arrived in the next world, I looked at my gummi radar of my ship which said I was in a place called the French Quarter: New Orleans. Where I had landed, looked like a city, a very modern, and upscale city. There were buildings, cars, on every corner there was a restaurant. This place smelled like nothing but food. And there were so many people walking around on the concrete streets, I could count everyone I laid my eyes on, and still wouldn't be halfway through.

I walked around aimlessly taking in the smell of the delicious aroma and looking at the beautiful sights of what seemed to be such freedom. Next thing I knew I was crashed into from the side and tossed onto my bottom. I had closed my eyes feeling the shock of the impact. What the heck happened?

"Ow..." I said as I rubbed the place of impact and opened my eyes to someone in front of me.

"Oh, darlin' I'm sorry!" It was a young woman who had a smooth southern twang. She leaned down and grabbed the crook of my elbow to help me to my feet. She seemed out of place. She had her hands filled with bags and was in a hurry. She had a dark chocolate complexion with her brown hair pulled back in a ponytail, covered by a hat, wearing a collard yellow dress.

"It's alright," I said. "Thank you."

"You don't look like you're from around here."

"Well...I'm not....I'm traveling."

"Well, you sure picked an interesting place to come. New Orleans is one heck of a place. Well, anyway, I'm Tiana."

"I'm Ayame."

"Ayame? That's an interesting name. Well, nice to meet you."

"Likewise. So Tiana, why are you in such a hurry?"

"Well I'm rushing to work so I'm not late. I work at the diner that's right around the corner from here...you know what...why don't you come with me?"

"What for?"

"I'm gonna treat you to some beignets, as an apology for knocking you over."

"Bei-what?"

"It's a dessert, they're really sweet. You'll like them, I promise."

"Well...ok then."

I followed her to the diner she worked at. This world was far from quiet, there was always something going on. Whether it was children laughing and playing or entertainers playing music on the streets. This world was lively. When we finally reached her diner she was already scorned for being three minutes late by a heavy set chef that was behind the counter. Three minutes? Really?

"Get to it girl! We got orders coming in!" the chef yelled to Tiana.

"Alright! Alright! I hear ya'!" She came over to me and put me at table. "I'm gonna have those beignets out to you in a sec, alright hun?"

"Uh...alright..."

I felt so out of place here. Everyone was so lively...and loud and here I was sticking out like a sore thumb. As I waited I looked around and found myself distracted by something outside. Through the window there was a man dressed in lavish clothing but to him those clothes seemed 'comfortable'. He had tan skin, brown hair, and had a very self-absorbed vibe. He was running around playing a guitar and singing, on his path through the very lively city.

He was being followed by a plump, stout, and round older gentleman who had gray hair on the sides and back of his head, and bald on his crown. He was struggling to keep up with the younger man, dropping bags as he tried to pick them up. The older man was also very well dressed in an off black suit jacket with pants to match. With a white collared shirt underneath and a red tie. There was another man who didn't seem to like the cheery man's cheerful disposition.