Swamp Royalty ~Part 3~

In the middle of the night apparently Tiana and Naveen had woken up. I opened my eyes and just listened. They seemed to be getting along more. They were sitting in front of the opening of the tree speaking about earlier events.

"What do you think those things were earlier?" Tiana asked.

"I have no idea...good thing Ayame was there."

"Yeah, I'm glad she was. I was scared for my life."

"So, waitress...I mean Tiana... I heard you talking about a restaurant earlier."

"Yeah, I'm gonna have my own restaurant. I just need the money."

"Why doesn't your family pay for it?"

"Not everyone is so privileged, Prince Naveen."

"You can just call me, Naveen. Well, why do you want a restaurant anyway?"

"Well, my daddy always said he'd open one up to where he could sell his famous gumbo. It was his dream, it was our dream."

"Well, that is a beautiful dream. If you can help me get back to normal, maybe I can ask my parents to help you pay for your restaurant. Who knows how long we'll be like this."

"Oh no...I can't do that. I have to do this myself. If I don't get that building there will always be another option. "

"Well no one gets anywhere without a little help."

"We'll see."

It was good to hear that they weren't bickering. I didn't want to continue listening to their conversation. So I closed my eyes and drifted back to sleep.

When I woke, I stood to my feet and walked to nearby lake. When I looked around I noticed we were in a very swampy area. Where were we? Not long after, Tiana woke up and walked out yawning and rubbing her eyes.

"Tiana, where are we?" I asked her.

As she looked around it looked like something registered to her. "Oh my...why are we in the bayou?"

"The Bayou huh?" I said as I placed my fingers to my chin and held it as I placed a hand on my hip, thinking. "Well ...we're because I sort of just stumbled upon it."

"Stumbled upon it! Did you even know where you were going?!"

"Uhh..no" I said.

"No?! Do you know what's out here Ayame?!"

"Not really." I said nonchalantly.

"Ayame! There are gators and crocodiles and who knows what else out!"

"Tiana, stop being such a worry wart. We'll be fine."

"Fine! Fine! You don't get it Ayame."

I shook my head and smiled and tuned her out as she kept fussing. She would just keep doing this. She would never relax. With all of her fussing Naveen soon came out and of course it was obvious where it went.

"What on earth are you nagging about now, woman?" He said as he wiped his eyes.

"Naveen! Ayame came into the Bayou without even knowing where she was going?"

"Tiana. Tiana." He shushed her. "I'm sure we'll be fine. Ayame can protect all of us." At least someone gets it.

"Oh?" I said teasingly as I turned my head around to make eye contact with them. "On a first name basis, are we?" They both blushed a little and finally shut up.

"Well Ayame what's the plan?" Naveen asked.

"I don't know.."

"You don't know? Ayame we're in the Bayou."