Swamp Royalty ~Part 5~ -Finale-

We had finally gotten back to the French Quarter, we had come to the city being lit up and full of energy. We told Louis to stay back, seeing him would make people panic. Ray stayed with him. It looked like the parade had just started. The city was crowded and it was hard to see anything.

"We have to find Charlotte, Ayame!"

"I know." Tiana and Naveen were scouting for Charlotte on my shoulders as I pushed through the crowd. We continued pushing through as the large displays of the parade rolled by. As I pushed through I kept hoping to find Charlotte on one these floats.

"Look up there!" Tiana said.

I saw that Charlotte and her father were on one of the floats. Her father was being crowned as Mardi Gras King.

"They'll drop them off down the street."

I pushed through as quickly as I could so I could get to the end of the street. By the time we reached the end of the street they were getting off the float.

"Charlotte!" I waved. She turned around and waved dramatically. I ran over to her.

"Hi Ayame! Haven't seen you in a few days or Tiana. Where is that girl? She said she'd be here."

"I'm right here Charlotte." Tiana spoke from my shoulder.

Charlotte stopped yapping for a moment and confused expression crossed her face. "Tiana? Is that really you?"

"Yes, it is."

"What happened to you?" It was already 11:52

"I don't really have a lot of time to explain. But we need you to kiss Naveen."

"But isn't that him over there." She pointed to the servant who masked in the appearance of Naveen, making a fool of himself.

"No Charlotte it's not. This is him. They messed with the voodoo man." She looked at the frog prince and he smiled and waved.

"Why do you need me?"

"Only a Princess can break the curse. You must kiss Naveen so we can be human again. And because of the Mardi Gras you're a Princess."

"Look we don't have a lot of time. It's 11:55. Will you help or not?" I said.

Prince Naveen stepped forward and got on one knee. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Princess."

"Alright, I don't really understand all this but if it helps Tiana I'll be glad to kiss you!'

She knelt to pick up the frog prince and the she started to reminisce. "Oh this'll be just like that book, remember the one Tiana? That your mom would read us. I've always wanted to kiss a frog prince and be just like that princess in the book." She continued rambling on about this fairytale It was 11:59

"Charlotte!" I yelled.

"Oh right sorry...well, here I go." They both closed their eyes and puckered their lips and began to lean closer. And just when their lips were about to touch the town bell rang as it struck 12. Both their eyes widened in shock and Charlotte smiled awkwardly.

"Now maybe it'll still work. Maybe that old clock is too fast!' She then gave Naveen quick pecks. "Don't worry it'll work!" Then she began to kiss him furiously.

"It's 12:02." I said. "We're too late."

"Oh, I'm sorry Tiana." Charlotte said as she put Naveen down. "I'm so sorry." She began to tear up.