Love? Love...

"Ratchet?", Wheeljack asked through the hallways on the Nemesis where he was at the moment. His echo repeated but there was no signal from the Doc-Bot. 'How can Ratchet be kidnapped?', the wrecker thought whilst he sneaked down the hallways as quiet as possible. As his view wandered in the next room he saw Shockwave working on something. But he didn't saw on what he worked. To get cleared about the situation he walked in to check it up. On the other end of this room he could see Knockout who was experimenting with energon. Wheeljack stood silently behind Shockwave and recognised something. He realised on what he worked. On Ratchet. He aimed his sword immediately at Shockwave's back.
"Stop it", Wheeljack said with a dark voice, still aiming at him. The Con stopped his activity and turned around to the white Autobot. Knockout also noticed the wrecker and walked over to Shockwave in alert.
"The wrecker on savage mission", the red Doc laughed scornfully and crossed his arms.
"Both scientists. It's an honour", Wheeljack joked mockingly and looked at Knockout. "Let Ratchet go." Both could hear the rage in his voice but didn't make a move to let him free. All in a sudden Ratchet slowly awakened and sat up. Wheeljack stood with his back towards him and had all his concentration on these two Cons so couldn't take notice of it.
"Wheeljack!", Ratchet wanted to say but all he could do was coughing. The wrecker got distracted from the scientists because of Ratchet's noises. Shockwave used the moment, pointed his gun at Wheeljack and shot him close to his spark. The white Autobot looked suprised at Shockwave before he held his wound. Energon was leaking out quickly and he got to his knees, trying to cover up his injury. His view wandered shortly to his hand which was full of his energon. After a few seconds Wheeljacks view got blurry and afterwards he fainted whilest the Cons watched him with a grin. Ratchet had seen all and didn't hesitated - he knelt down next to his teammate, examining him.
'I have to hurry up. He lost a lot of energon. He won't make it long...', Ratchet thought nervously and examined Wheeljacks state with a scan. His condition was critical. the medic informed the base as silent as he could and asked for a bridge. Arcee answered after a short moment.
"Ratchet? What's up?", she wanted to know but the Doc-Bot didn't retorted.
"I need a bridge. Immediately. Here are the coordinates."
A few seconds later a ground bridge appeared. Ratchet grabbed his injured teammate and dragged him through the portal before Shockwave and Knockout could follow. The bridge opened at the base and the Doc walked out with Wheeljack.
"We need to get him to the med bay immediately!", Ratchet said and huffed. Bulkhead and Arcee brought him into the room Ratchet said and laid the wrecker down on the medberth. His state was getting more and more critical with every second he stayed like that. Ratchet connected Wheeljack with machines which were also checking him up. After hours the wreckers condition got finally stabilized, his spark beating regularly. The Doc-Bot was the whole time by his wounded teammate and sighed when Prime was walking over to him.
"How's he?", Optimus questioned and looked at Wheeljack.
"Well, I got him stabilized. He'll akwake soon. Maybe tomorrow. But it can take time." Ratchet looked to the floor as Prime laid a servo down on his shoulder. He smiled. Bulkhead and Ratchet stayed the whole night next to Wheeljack without resting. Nothing was to hear just the beeping noises of the machines.
"Bulkhead, you should rest for a while", the Autobot medic said quietly to not wake up the others. Bulk just nodded reluctantly and left the room.

Ratchet suddenly woke up as someone was tapping on his shoulder. Arcee grinned and crossed her arms.
"Well, next time you should rest too, Ratchet", she chuckled in a playfully way. After a moment no one was at the base than Ratchet and Wheeljack because all were on missions. A quiet groan was to hear as the wrecker sat up slowly, holding his chest.
"You shouldn't move too much, Wheeljack", the medic explained and rested a servo on his shoulder. Wheeljack smiled and looked at his teammate.
"Well, I don't think I'm too injured", the wrecker said with a grin and wanted to stand up but he fell back on the medberth. A wave of pain ran through his body. He looked down his chest and recognised a huge scar next to his spark.
"As I said you shouldn't move", Ratchet repeated strictly and raised an optic ridge. "You have to avoid missions for a while until your condition will be like before." He got up. "If you need me - I'm working." These were the last words then he walked over to his computer. Wheeljack watched him smiling and shook his head. Ratchet always was and still is a grumpy Bot and he always will be. And that what was making Wheeljack giggling. His view still laid on the medic.
'He's cute in every way', he thought and smirked. The wrecker ignored Ratchet's instructions and went towards the Doc-Bot - and tapped his back. Ratchet took a deep breath and turned around to Wheeljack.
"Doc-"
"Wheeljack! Oh Primus, I told you not to call me that!", the medic interrupted the wrecker yelling who looked with a smile at him.
"But-"
"What do you want now?"
"... Forget what I said...", Wheeljack quickly answered and walked into his room. Ratchet watched him quite surprised but also felt guilty.
'Maybe I was too dashing...' He quickly followed his teammate to his room but he stopped in front in hesitation. The medic pulled himself together and knocked on the door. Just a quiet "Come in" was to hear. Ratchet entered the room and saw Wheeljack sitting on his bed.
"Um... I can go if you want...", he mumbled uncertain.
"It's okay." The wrecker lifted his head to see the Doc-Bot.
"Well.... I'm sorry..."
"For what?"
"I didn't want to be mean..."
"No problem, Doc."
"Wheeljack.....!"
"Sorry, I meant Ratchet", the soldier replied with a grin. Ratchet rolled his optics and crossed his arms as Wheeljack got up.
"I gonna leave today...", he remarked and sighed lowly.
"Why that?", Ratchet wanted to know. The curiousity grabbed him.
"Just searching for some friends and refugees, ya know."
"Uh... Alright..."
'Why does he always want to leave?'
"Is everything okay?" Wheeljack looked worried at his teammate but yet too shy to comfort him.
"Y-yeah... It's just-", the medic tried to explain as suddenly the wrecker smashed his lips onto Ratchet's. His optics widened but he let it happen, unconsciously wrapping his arms around his neck in the kiss. After a few seconds Wheeljack looked at the Doc-Bot and smiled awkwardly. "What...." Ratchet had no words to describe and quickly stepped back from him. He blushed and looked away before his face turned back towards Wheeljack. He wrapped his arms back around his neck and kissed him again - but more passionately. The soldier closed his optics and grinned inside, knowing where this was leading. Now he could show his feelings he ever had for his teammate. But also he wanted to keep it a secret. After they separated they both blushed hard.
"I j-just wanted you to know that I always loved you, Ratchet. And please never forget that...", Wheeljack said before he went to his ship for going on a space cruise. All he left was a smiling and blushing Ratchet....