A new day

Yes, the night has obviously been long for these two Bots and it was close to midday when Wheeljack woke up - next to Ratchet. A light smirk appeared on his face because normally the medic was the first one who gets up. But it seems like Ratchet was so exhausted from last night that didn't hear his alarm clock beeping. Wheeljack's smile widened more before he stood up as quiet as he could so he wouldn't wake up his lover.
"Have some sweet dreams, Sunshine", the wrecker whispered and gave his lover a little kiss on his cheek then he went towards Ratchet's desk. A sheet of paper and a pencil was all he needed. So he wrote a little note for his mate in old cybertronian letters. Then he left Ratchet's accommodation. The medic smiled in his dream when he felt Wheeljack's lips on his cheek.
The wrecker entered the main hangar and the first one he saw was his pal Bulkhead.
"Hey, Jackie. You stood up quite late. Are you okay?", his close friend asked sightly worried.
"Uh...yeah. I'm fine. It...was just a long night...", Wheeljack murmured embarrassed with a weak smile and rubbed the back of his helm kinda ashamed.
"No need to show embarrassment, my dear." Bulkhead chuckled amused about Wheeljack's reaction because he knew what his pal was meaning with »a long night«. "You know I won't tell anyone about your interests in the same gender."
"Thanks, buddy. I appreciate it a lot", his white wrecker pal answered and gave him a quick hug before he walked towards the exit of the main hangar. "Just tell him I'll be back soon." He winked and left.
"Wait, where are you going to?", Bulkhead asked but Wheeljack was already gone. "Hm. I'm wondering where he's going to..."
Arcee, Bumblebee and Smokescreen just came back from their mission. Smokey and Bee walked over to the computer and they started to type in what they've done during there mission while Arcee went to Bulkhead, confronting him with the topic 'Wheeljack'.
"Hey, Bulkhead. We just saw your wrecker friend leaving the base. Do you know why?"
"No sorry. He didn't tell me anyway...."

One hour after Wheeljack left, Ratchet woke up and yawned. The first thing he noticed was that his bed was empty - no Wheeljack in sight. He was surprised about his mate's disappearance without telling him where he was now. He felt some pain in his lower region when he stood up. Well, the medic was obviously not accustomed to such things his lover did with him last night.
"Uh...it's already afternoon and my lower abdomen hurts like hell. Dang, Wheeljack was too greedy last night", Ratchet said to himself and laughed amused about his statement. His wrecker mate gets always what he wants and the medic was okay with it. Except when it comes to missions.
Ratchet stretched his arms before he went to his room's door - as he realized the note on his desk. Old cybertronian letters were written down on the paper. I didn't know Wheeljack knows the older cybertronian writing..., Ratchet thought wondering then he read the note:

Hey, Sunshine.
Sorry for not being here for you but I'll search for more refugees and maybe I'll find some who survived during the war.
Or... I'll find my lost sis? Who knows.
I'll be right back in some days. If not I'll contact you through the comlink.
Wish me luck, my dear.

Hugs and kisses
            Wheeljack ❤

PS: I would love to repeat the night one more time whenever we have time~

Ratchet couldn't resist to smile at the letter. The last sentence reminded him on his pain he was feeling but he suppressed it as he smirked.
"Well, well~", he chuckled, "I wish you the best, Jackie. Let's hope that you find your sister."
After finishing up the medic walked to his working place and checked up the database. When he entered the main hangar everyone was staring at him.
"What? Is something wrong?", Ratchet asked without looking up from his work.
"No, everything's fine, Sunshine", Smokescreen said chuckling, knowing he was teasing him with this sentence.
A gasp left Ratchet before he gave his teammate an annoyed look as if he wanted to say: Shut up or I won't be the medic you might know.
Smokescreen, surprised about the medic's reaction, raised his hands to show that he surrendered.
"Keep calm, m'kay", Smokescreen replied and sighed.
He's getting on my nerves, Ratchet said to his inner self, trying to distract himself a bit. Since he found out the love I share for Wheeljack he's becoming intolerable. I wish Jackie was here to tell him off. I miss you Jackie. Come back quick. Please. I'm waiting for you...

Author's Note:
Ratchet's pain...he is PREGNANT - Okay, I was just kidding 😂 but the imagination of Ratchet being prego is hilarious