Chapter 13

Zinnia P.O.V

A week later
Right now I'm at school and I'm walking to the cafeteria with Elena.
We walk to a random table but I see Blake and he waves for me to come to him which he's right next to Aaron...

I walk towards Blake and a smile grows on his face and I smile back.
"Hey" he says
"Hey what's up? actually don't answer that" I say remembering the last time I asked him that.
He chuckled then said "oh so I was wondering if you wanted to go see a movie with me?" We'll this is awkward.
I don't know what to say... After the date with Aaron I don't really know what we are? But I think it might be something, and plus I don't like Blake like that.

Before I can answer Blake's question, I feel someone wrap there arm around my shoulder. I look up and see it Aaron.. Great this won't turn out good.

From the side of my eye i see Aaron glare at Blake. "she's fine! and taken!" Aaron barks.

Blake glares back then scoffs at Aaron. "Uh ok? I'll see you later Zinnia" He gives one last look at me then turns around and walks away throwing a glare at Aaron.

I could hear Aaron heavy breathing. His hands went into fist and he made the step to go after him but I pulled his arm back.

He looked at me with angry eyes but when he looked at my face his eyes soften. He sighed and grabbed my hand and took me to his table that Elena was already at, talking to Luke?

He sat down and I sat in the seat right next to him. I look across the room and my eyes catch Blake. He looks at me and smiled so in return I made a silly face back at him, he laughed at me. But our face off was cut short because all of the sudden I feel hands grip my hips and pull me up onto a lap. I look and Aaron has me on his lap with his head on my shoulder.  I immediately get butterflies in my stomach.

I sigh at him "you have issues" I state rolling my eyes at him

" what's wrong with showing people what's mine?" He ask me and I could feel his breath fanning on my neck.

I groan "I'm not yours!" I tell him frustrated.

He chuckles and whispers in my ear so his friends don't here. "You've been mine since the day I met you". I blush then turn around to face him and he's smirking! Ugh!

"I'm my own person!" I yell at him and he just laughs at me again as if I'm talking nonsense. So I just sit there on his lap, angry, crossing my arms.

I look at Elena and she's not even paying attention to what's going on. She and Luke are talking and laughing with each other... There pretty close together...

RING RING

The bell rings and I jump off Aaron's lap but he pulls me back and hugs me. I just stand there awkwardly for a few seconds with my face crushed into his chest but eventually I slowly wrap my arms around his stomach since I'm too short to reach higher unless I go on my tipi toes. I breath in his scent, he smells good. I know that may of sounded creepy but I'm just being honest. It's always attractive when a guy smells good, at least to me. He eventually let's go and looks down at me with a look I can't read then we both walk away to our next class.
.
.

I'm sitting in class, the teacher left and told us just to read anything until she comes back.

I'm thinking how do I feel about Aaron?

I'm just not sure. I have a problem in seeing the bad in people and I just don't know if that's what I'm doing with Aaron, am I seeing just what I want to see? Am I just like every other girl to him? I've always let people take advantage of me and I really hope that's not the case with Aaron because I think I actually have feeling for him. He's the first guy I've ever had these feelings with....

Flash back
  10th grade

I was walking to lunch when I see my too best friends Jenna and Livy walking to me. I smile at them as they walk to me. I met them on the first day of 10th grade it's weird they just wanted to be my friend right away.

They walk to me and Jenna speaks
" so we heard your brother got a girlfriend" she says bitter an rude it was weird she was never like this.

I look at her weird " yea he really likes this girl. Shocking huh." I say happy for my brother. But they just both glare at me?

Livy speaks up" NO! It's not good. Jenna wanted to be with him!" She says. Jenna wanted to be with my brother? Since when? I mean she could have a lot of guys she's pretty she has big brown eyes and curly light brown hair with tan skin, skinny. Why my brother?

" since when did you want my brother" I ask confused.

She glares at me and rolls her eyes "ugh! since I met you! Why do you even think we talked to you. You actually thought we just wanted to be your friend for no reason. It's always been to get your brother!" She replies. I can't believe this we've had so many good times together and they were just using me.
" but what about all the times we've had together? I thought we were best friends?" I say my eyes getting watery

She just laughs condescending. " we just used you because you too nice to do anything about it and you will always be that way. Don't you see that everyone uses you! For anything and everything and your just to naive to see it! We're not friends anymore you were useless this time, You weren't that great to be around anyways." she states and walks away and Livy follows.

I feel my tears fall from my eyes. I can't believe my own best friend just told me that. Is it true does everyone just use me does. Does no one really care about me. I start to think and it all makes sense, everyone ask me for favors and tries to come to my house but only talks to my brother. Everyone who I thought were my friends it was all fake I've been used by everyone all because I'm to naive and weak to do anything...
Flashback over

I shake my head at the memory. That was a sad time for me all my friends were liars, only using me for there own personal needs. But after awhile of crying and being alone with no friends i met Lilly who is a true best friend who didn't lie or use me instead she helped me change and stand up for my self. Ever since that day I said I would never let myself get used or hurt like that again....