Chapter 22

VOTE!
COMMENT!

Zinnia's P.O.V

"Zinnia get down here!" my mother shouted from down stairs.

Great as if I'm not already having a bad week. First i had to deal with Aaron's smoking situation the other day and now to top it off, whatever my mother has to tell me. I grumble up from my bed and walk down stairs and see my mom alone, sitting at the dining table. Thats unusual. Why isn't she at work? I walk to the table and take a seat on the left side of her.

She doesn't look up to face me instead she stays looking at her hands. Her eyes are glossy and she has black bags underneath her eyes from lack of sleep. She doesn't have that natural caramel color to her skin any more instead she's sickly pale. I furrow my eyebrows together, whats happened?

I open my mouth to talk but don't find the words coming out. She lets out a deep sigh. I just sit there looking at her, waiting for her to talk. She clears her throat but still keeps her eyes down. "I have something to tell you. This  situation is going to be hard on you but i just need you to be reasonable and understanding. Ok?". I frown and nod hesitantly.

" Me and your dad are getting a divorce".  

My eyes widen and I let out a shaky breath. My eye vision starts to get blurry with unshed tears and my breathing gets labored. " What why? I thought you guys where fine" I managed to say with only one voice crack. My mom shakes her head " No we haven't been fine for years, but we stayed together hoping to make it work. Then we moved here hoping if we had a new start we'd be fine but it didn't. All we do is work, we barely even talk anymore. But last night i realized that I'm done, so me and your dad agreed to separate." She tells me, keeping a strait face. No tears, no voice crack, nothing. Its like she numb about the whole situation.

Two tears fall from my eyes but i quickly wipe them so she doesn't notice. " So w-whats g-gonna happen now?" I said shaky from trying to hold in my emotions. I don't want to cry in front of my mom. I know how it feels to leave someone you love and i don't want to make this harder on her than she's already feeling. Yes i know, she's never been the best mom to me and my brother but she still made sure we were healthy and had everything we wanted. She was a good mom from a distance, she just messed up on the part where she was supposed to spend time with us and give us love.

But i can't blame my parents, thats just the type of people they are. They've just never learned how to give love and affection. Maybe thats why it hurt so bad when Aaron betrayed me. I loved the feeling of being loved. I loved the attention and affection he gave me and the worst part was i was more than happy to return the favor. Too bad it was just all a joke...

She sighs " Well I'm going back to Brazil. Your dad is going to stay here and so is your brother. So you have a choice. You can stay here with your dad and brother and visit me time to time or you can come back to Brazil with me." My mouth slightly parts open. I feel like my whole life is falling apart. Everything bad just seems to keep happening. So many issues keep coming back to back, its so stressful.

What should i do?

I can stay here with my dad and finish the last few months of school. But that also means having the pain of seeing Aaron everyday from my window and school. Or... I can go back to Brazil and finish school with all my old friends and be able to completely move on from Aaron. Plus i don't want to leave my mom by herself. I do like California but going back to Brazil is better decision for me and my future.

Making my decision I say "I want to go to brazil with you. I don't like this place, i miss our home."

She smiles slightly "Im glad your coming. Were gonna be fine without the guys. Go pack your stuff I'm gonna call your school to take you out and get us plane tickets for tomorrow." I nod. I turn around and walk away finally letting the tears fall.