Chapter 16

Vote if you enjoy the story!
And comment if you want. :)

Zinnias P.O.V

"My dad's dead". Those words where hard to digest. Aaron's dad is dead? Oh god, poor Aaron. That must be so hard to deal with.

I just stay silent and lightly rub his arm. He looks down at my hand on his arm and gives a small tight smile then he turns his attention to the wall.

"He died when I was 14. He was always so busy working. But I didn't think too much of it because he was just supporting his family and even though he was so busy he always made some time to do things with me and Zander..." He pause. He's probably having a hard time talking about this subject. I can't imagine how painful it is to loose someone so close.

"You don't have to finish if you don't want too" I tell him but he just shakes his head no.

"One day he had to go on a business trip and that wasn't anything unusual. He alway had to travel so he said goodbye to us but I was mad at him at the time because he was gonna miss my football game. Stupid I know, but I was mad. So I didn't even go downstairs to say bye I just shouted bye from my room. But a few hours later there was a call... Two planes crashed and my dad was on one of them....." I just sat there in shock.

"I didn't even say a proper bye to him because I was throwing a fit. So stupid. That was the last time I talked to my dad, I was mad at him. I'll never forgive myself for that. After a few months of grieving I went out of control. Going to party's, getting drunk, high, using random girls. I stressed my mom out so much because of my behavior. But I just didn't want to think about it."

He sighs and rubs his head. "It's the worst feeling in the world to know that you can never see someone again no matter how hard you try or how hard you want it, you no longer are able to talk to them again. Or even do the little things like a trip to the grocery store or go for a drive. You no longer have that. It's completely gone and they will never come back. All the things and routines you had developed over the years with them is done and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. That's the worst feeling in the world because no matter what your absolutely helpless." His voice cracked a few times when he was talking and it made me feel horrible.

I stay quiet listening to him and I couldn't help but feel complete sympathy for him. That is absolutely horrible what happened to him. I don't even know how to comfort him with this matter.

"You know when he died I had all these people tell me, it'll get better, time heals, all that bullshit. But the one that I hated the most. The one that bother me and made me feel the worst was, 'think of all the good times you had with them.' It was horrible advice because what they didn't understand was that's why I was so sad! I was thinking of all the good time we had and how they can never happen again!" He shakes his head in annoyance.

"Anyways I ended up meeting Asher and Luke at one of those parties and I think you already know our reputation ... He'd probably be disappointed on the way I have and been handling things."

I feel bad for Aaron he's done all this acting out because he feels something's missing from his life. He thinks that parting, drinking and girls will fix that but it won't.

I sigh and rub his arm. "Aaron you can't hate yourself for not saying good bye to your dad. You didn't know that was gonna happen. If you live in the past you'll never live now. I can't imagine what pain you must feel to lose someone that close to you. But you have to try to live past it. He wouldn't want you to live a miserable life and I'm sure he's not disappointed in you, your human we all make mistakes. It's helps us learn."