Fawn❤1

Cover up there_ made by @rainbow_kisses1 . Thumbs up for her creativity!

Raindrops trickled down the window. It was fogged from the weather outside. It made it harder for me to get a clear view of everything outside the bus. But what I did see is my reflection in the glass_ tired black eyes, full of uncertainty. Anxiety was gnawing at the walls of my stomach, even the music blaring loudly in my ears didn't help get my mind off it. I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back and shut my eyes.

I don't know why, but I feel like I'm not ready to move yet.
Wasn't I the one who wanted nothing to do with reality? Just me in my little bubble. Shutting out the people who wanted to make me smile. Me keeping myself from falling to pieces.
So I thought I'd go it alone
I never thought how the circumstances would be in a new city... I should've thought this through...
I guess everything's gonna be okay... Won't it?

•••••

Looking down at my watch i realized I'd  drifted off for about four hours. That helped clear my head of negativity. I stretched a little. I lifted my head to loosen my neck. The fog had cleared off the window. I could see the beautiful night sky The crescent moon in the star-sprinkled sky made me smile.

As our bus sped ahead we'd left behind so many things. Me? I'd left my parents, my dog, my home all back at Sterling. We'd sped past little buildings, huge buildings, telephone poles and what not. We'd left all those things behind... But the stars and the moon, the same I had a glimpse of last night as I boarded the bus, had followed me all the way here and still is moving along where ever I go... They make me feel special.

They are just rocks floating in space! They aren't
following you around. You just cant leave them behind!

Such a weird thought!

I rubbed my face up and down, thoroughly annoyed with how my stupid mind worked. But I just kept staring up into the sky as the dark colors brightened.
See you in about twelve hours. That's what I imagined the stars and moon said, as they faded out of view.
The sun peeked out of gold tinted clouds. Its a new day!

I jerked forward in my seat and realized that the bus had pulled up. Unplugging my earphones and tossing them into my rucksack, I stood up. I slowly made my way through the narrow space between the two rows of seats.

Once I'd gotten off, I walked to the trunk of the bus to get my suitcase. It wasn't hard to miss. Big and purple with a red satin ribbon tied on the handle. I dragged it back to the plastic chairs in the bus stop. I took a seat waiting for my sister.
Wow! She was taking a lot of time!
I looked around, a person came and sat on the chair next to mine. Probably one of the commuters, I thought. I busied myself with my phone, texting mum, with my earphones plugged in, I texted her that I reached. I was surprised when I got a message back almost immediately:

Mum: Are you at Vidia's?

Me: No. She hasn't shown up. Yet.

Mum: Okay. You're safe and that's the only thing
that matters. Don't wander off. Even if she's too late.
And don't speak to strangers.

Oookay..... That was odd
Mum: Just be safe sweetie.

Me: Its alright. She'll be here any minute now.

And just then I saw a blue Merc drive by. That was my sister alright. Absentminded as always... I flailed an arm every which way shouting, "Vidia!!!" I grabbed my suitcase and ran after the car, but the distance between us only grew.

They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty
My music so loud
I'm swangin
They hopin that they gon catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty

Wow! That song!
And just like that I found myself running really fast. The beat filled me with so much energy I couldnt actually stop myself. Just as her car was about to take a turn it stopped and I finally caught up. I bent over, my hands on my knees, gasping for air. I could hear my heart beat frenzy in my ears.

As Vidia got out of the car she said something but I could only hear her voice faintly. I tossed my earphones back in my rucksack.
Vidia rushed up to me and gave me a tight hug just about choking me.
"I said I'm sorry." She smiled, quite ashamed of herself,
"I thought you were a psychopath stalker."
I looked back at her with my serious expression, on conveying that this sure wasn't funny.
She let out a sigh and her shoulders drooped, "I'm sorry I made you wait and I didn't pull up at the bus stop." Her eyebrows raised, waiting for me to speak.
When I finally caught my breath I opened my mouth to talk,"Its okay. But I--"
"Forget about it... Erm, is that your new suitcase?"
"Huh?" Looking down the handle I'd been clutching, I figured that I'd made a stupid mistake.
Damn it!

••••••••••

Dedicated to SeleniaNite for all the encouragement! Thanks Bud!