Carter❤16

"Should I ask her?" I flicked my eyes to Megan who was staring out the window with an unchanging expression on her face, which I just couldn't read.
Owen considered this for a moment, "Yeah, Fawn could probably get through to her better than any of us."

He went over to where Megan stood and leaned back against the wall, acknowledging each others presence with a nod. Okiku was chattering away with Vidia who'd come back about fifteen minutes ago. The storm had not died down yet and she let us stay till it would. Fawn told us she was going up to her room and abruptly left the living room. I turned to the stair she'd ran up and disappeared, and sprinted up and searched for her room. Walking up and down the eerily big hallway, I found light streaked across the floor by a door which was open a crack.

I knocked but she didn't answer. I opened it anyway and slipped in noticing that there was an open window I stole across the room getting a quick glance of everything around me and I figured that it didn't say a lot about her; anyone could own a brightly lit room with plain white walls, a king-size, a dresser and a study table with papers scattered all about. I see an open window which led out to a fairly big balcony, but I don't see her out there either. I scan around the place to find a ladder.

The roof! How typical!

I climbed up making the whole thing wobble and take slower steps. When I'm at the top I see her at the edge of an elevated platform on the parapet, sitting cross-legged leaning against the water tank behind her with her eyes shut. I struggle to keep my balance as I walk towards Fawn but the peaceful expression on her face made me relax too, somehow. I sat down beside her with my legs dangling down from the parapet. I closed my eyes too wondering if it would help get my mind off all the things I worry about. Right now it was Megan.

I forgot to breath for a moment and let out a deep breath, wishing I could expel my worries the same way.

"Woah dude! How did_ do I not have a little privacy?!" I almost slipped off the edge, when I heard her yelp. She immediately shot a hand out grabbing my wrist to stop me from tumbling off, "What do you want Carter?" She spat out, in a vexed tone.
"I'm sorry. But there's something important that I want to talk to you about." I smoothed down my T-shirt, unable to look her in the face, feeling like an idiot.
She put her head in her hands and sighed, "Im listening...."