Fawn❤18

I was never in need of friends... I never wanted to be forced to do things I didn't want to do.

Megan's been so persuasive about the party all week and I'm very annoyed. Whenever I see her walk into the room I plug in my earphones to avoid talking to her.

I was serious about not wanting to go to the party. So here I am in one of those cramped toilet stalls trying not to spill the beets and berry smoothie (BARF!!) Vidia sent me. I pinched my nose and guzzled it all down, not wanting to have its horrendous flavour corrode my taste buds.
It took a moment to get used to its after taste when I heard someone call out to me.
"Fawn! Are you there? Its Megan--" her voice wavered as though she was crying.

She kept banging on random doors checking if I'm in there. Then the noises stopped all together. I opened my door a crack and scanned around.
No sign of Megan! Phew!

I tiptoed out and tossed the plastic tumbler into the bin and turned to the mirror to fix my messed up hair, "bad hair day, huh?" I whispered to myself and rolled my eyes as I smoothed down the flyaways.

When I was done I saw the door behind me creak open, in the mirror. A tiny brunette walked out with a mascara streaked face.
"I'm sorry Fawn..." She mumbled.
I stumbled back when I turned around to see Megan.
"If this is about the stupid party... I told you I'm thinking about it!" I said, exasperated.
"Fawn! I'm sorry! You've been thinking about it all week and you don't seem like you want to go. So don't!" She blurted and wiped the black stains off her cheeks.

Now she's seriously getting on my nerve. She probably thinks I'll change my mind because she looks like she's been crying. I thought she was much better than this.

"I'm so glad you allowed me to stay at home. But its still my decision anyway, so let me be!" I snapped and stormed out of the bathroom.

••••••

I managed to sneak my way home, without Megan or any of the others spotting me. I flopped down on the couch in our living room feeling tired and slightly guilty. Vidia, surprisingly took the day off and was sprawled out on the carpet flipping through a magazine. Its weird to see Vidia so lazy.
"Sup?" She finally spoke, acknowledging my presence. When I didn't speak she glanced at me sideways and turned to face me.
I shrugged when she lifted her chin and screwed up her face, "you okay?"

"The smoothie you sent me made me nauseous..." I lay face down on the couch. I expected her to tell me I'm mean and storm off but she said something else which was slightly muffled by the cushion I clutched to my head. I heard padding of footsteps and felt the cushion being pulled off my face. Vidia put the back of her hand on my forehead, "Are you feeling sick? You've got a temperature..."
"Leave me alone! I just want to sleep." I swatted her hand away and squeezed my eyes shut.

I wanted to forget about today. The more I thought about it, the more guilty I felt.
All I really want to do is put the drama behind me and move on. But will doing that be a mistake?

••••••

I woke up to Vidia's annoying chirpy voice saying, "Fawn, there's this really cute boy at the door for you." She heaved me up to my feet and smoothed my hair out and led me to the door. My eyes drooped shut and I felt like it was all a bad dream. One which I couldn't control at all. I had no idea what was going on and I felt light headed.

I scowled when I saw Carter standing in the doorway. His expression seemed unusual to me. He didn't look me in the eye like he usually did and he looked really pissed off.

Vidia glanced back and forth between the two of us for a moment, "Come in and sit down, Carter!" He shook his head. So she skipped away leaving us in the hall way. I tilted my head, still sleepy and unable to speak.

His fists were clenched uncomfortably as he spoke,"I don't know what to say but, it turns out you're right... You don't make a good friend after all." With that he walked out the door, shutting it as he walked out. The tension lingered even after he was gone and it took me time to register everything that had happened.

Just great.