Megan❤20

"Megs! Get the door!" Okiku called out from the kitchen.

I peeled the duvet off myself after a few seconds of thought. I'd decided that today would be a do-nothing day. Except for the fact that somehow I knew that this one would be the worst of its kind.
I feel miserable. I can't believe Fawn! I didn't think she could turn out to be so... Spiteful. Though part of this is my fault and I felt horrible that everyone's misunderstood Fawn. I managed to convince Okiku and Owen that this is mostly my fault.

Yes, I think I was sorta manipulative and I wanted them to know that they shouldn't blame her for my mistake. But Carter just refuses to talk about her, which is pretty weird...

Still in my pyjamas, pulling the soft fabric of the duvet around myself, I dragged my feet over to the front door, my body aching from lying in bed all morning. With my tingly, numb fingers I turned the doorknob and pulled the door open.

"Delivery!" A course voice greeted me as I stepped out. The delivery guy handed me a brown package and flipped through a few pages fastened to his clipboard, "I need you to sign," He handed me a pen and pointed to a little blank spot next to Okiku's proper name, "right here."

Walking up to the kitchen counter I placed the slightly heavy box on it, with a thump to get Okiku's attention. She was bent over the stove most of the day, probably making lunch. She turned down the flame, taking one last glance at whatever she was cooking and walked over to examine the box.
"Yours?"
"Mmhmm..." She ran her fingers over the tape, probably wondering whether to open it or not.
"Open it!" I urged!
"Nah... Maybe later." She said shrugging and shuffling back to the stove, "Nutmeg, I almost forgot! Go empty the mailbox... Will you, please?"

I turned around and headed off to the front door for the second time today.

Walking out across the lawn, I could see something pink and flashy sticking out of the box. I reached in and pulled out the letters inside, one of them covered in fuchsia tissue. I slid the envelope out and was going to rip it open when I heard the screech of car wheels outside our yard...

I wasn't sure whose car it was until I saw a girl with long black waves stepping out-- Fawn!
I sorta stood there awkwardly, deciding whether to shut the door in her face or let her speak.

What if she wants to punch me in the face?

I have terribly slow reflexes-- so please not punching. Or slapping for the same matter...

I stood there anyway as she walked up to me, an uncomfortable tension growing till she finally stopped about three feet away.

"I'm really sorry Megan... But before you say anything please hear me out!"

I nodded slowly pulling the duvet tighter.
I went over to the stairs by the veranda and sat down there. She trailed behind and sat down next to me. She gulped and begun, "I've never really had friends in highschool, the kind you could trust... But I did have plenty of friends who hated me like shit..." She swallowed again, "Just that they never had the guts to tell me to bog off. You know, they let me hang around just for the sake of it and then they'd call me a fuck-up behind my back... But I eventually found out and I gave up trying... I gave up trying to make friends or be a friend or any of that shit. I felt so over it." She laughed, with her eyes shining with tears brimming over.

I put a hand on her shoulder, mentally begging her not to cry... I wouldn't possibly be able to bear it, "Cos I'm not an interesting person... Heck, I don't know what I am any more!

" But then you guys walked in! It was all so unexpected. You hardly knew me and you were so warm and kind! I didn't understand why... I didn't want that same kind of highschool shit in my life ever again, so I decided to slip away and be just the normal, lonely me... I thought that's who I am. But I guess I'm not. I'll never know unless I apologise to all of you...

"I'm a horrible friend. I'm sorry!" Her hair was covering most of her face from my view, but I could hear the tears and the sincerity in her voice alone.

"Its okay, Fawn..." I pulled her into a hug And continued, "I just knew you'd make a great friend... That's why I let you in. I swear!"

She sniffled and pulled away doubtfully, off her face, "Really?"

"Yeah! I've tried really hard to make new friends-- people my own age. I effed up every single time. I've been stuck with these goons for too long and I'm tired and I'm never letting you go, Fawn!" I gushed out giggling and pulled her back in for an extra-tight, rib-crushing hug making her laugh breathless. Okiku popped out of nowhere and decided to squeeze in, "Oh, you guys!!!"

It didn't take us long to realise that shed been eavesdropping on us.

"Is something burning?" Fawn asked pulling away.

"Oh crap!" Okiku sprang up to her legs and ran off towards the kitchen. I collapsed on the veranda, laughing and Fawn just smiled looking around in confusion.