Him Over Me

Kyle POV

I stormed out of the cafeteria not wanting to see what was going to happen next. I bet shes some kind of slut that throws herself at every guy she sees, I thought. I slammed my fist into the locker frustrated. Why does it hurt so much to see her hug another guy?

"Dude, what's up man?" Nick said walking up to me. I looked at him and then at my other friends and shook my head.

"Go back inside, I'm fine." I walked away from them before they can say anything else. I thanked them quietly as they followed my order. I didn't want to take my anger out on them. I walked out of the school not caring about anything going on around me. I knew she felt those amazing electric shocks too so why would she go to that loser, I thought. I walked up to my car and then sat down in it, not wanting to leave the school without her by my side. I can tell that she was my mate. The way my heart races when I see her face and the urge I have to run up to her and mark her as mine.

That fucking idiot touched her and he will regret it. I wasn't sure who he was until I got a close look at him at lunch. He was that guy I had gotten in a fight with because his now ex girlfriend preferred my company than his. He had thought that he can through a few punches and walk away a winner even though I lost the fight on purpose so the loser doesn't go home hurt and injured. I might have made him win that time but not this time. I hated him ever since I saw him and this situation wasn't helping it. I can tell they have a very good relationship. How could any girl resist me, I mean really. She's so different from every other girl I've been with.

She prefers him over me and thinking of that makes my skin boil. I clenched and unclenched my fist trying to calm my nerves before I did something I'll regret. Take deep breaths, I repeated in my mind. I knock on my window, interrupted my breathing technique. I looked up and saw Nick motioning for me to get out of the car.

"You alright, I thought maybe you would have left already?" He told me as I got out of my car. I just shook my head and started my walk back to the school entrance after locking the doors to my car. I stopped when he walked in front of me blocking my way. "Come on I've known you since.....how long and you think I would buy that 'I'm fine' shit", he said obviously frustrated.

"I just got a little angry because.....I haven't found my mate yet." I lied. I felt bad to lie to my beta and best friend but I didn't want him to know yet. He nodded his head and then patted my back before sighing.

"So that's why your so angry, wow I never knew you of all people would get so angry over finding this one girl," he laughed and I laughed too. If it was last week I would have thought I was stupid. We went inside and I felt my heart beat increase. That throbbing feeling I had when I first saw my mate eased. Ignoring the presence of my best friend, I walked up to the locker next to the one my mate was currently going through. She turned around to see who was next to her and I smiled at her.

"Hi", I said causally. She turned around and continued to go through her locker but I can still see her face turn a slightly shade of pink. Wow she is so cute. I tapped her shoulder and she spun around angrily.

"Don't you have class? What are you doing here anyway?" She said slamming her locker.

"No particular reason", I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Hey Kyle what are you doing. We gotta mee-", Nick started but I gave him a look that made him shut up.

"Anyway I need to get back to my friend", she said looking away. She gave me a side ways glance before leaving. I growled at the thought of her and him together. She rather go to his side than stay here and talk to me. I intend to get what I want and I want her, badly.

"You can go without me." I told Nick, leaving him there alone with a smile on his face. I walked in the direction she went and followed her strawberry scent before arriving at the library. I looked in and saw her with that girl I saw earlier. Good she's not with him, I thought. I was about to go up to her and drag her out by force but a voice in the back of my mind told me not to. I knew that if I went up to her and dragged her out here that she will eventually despise me mate or not. I hated myself for doing this but I left to class. I can't believe I did that. She's turning me soft and I am not a fan of it. I used to get what I want when I want and care less about class but now here I am in class of all places. What is she doing to me?

----------------------------------------------------

Finally school ended and I ended up walking out to the parking lot without my friends because I told them that I wouldn't be at football practice today. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw beautiful and him talking. I stayed there feeling my blood boil when they hugged for like a century to me before letting go. He said goodbye before leaving her smiling there. I walked up to her and stood in front of her leaving her in my shadow.

"Why are you here", she said looking up at me annoyed but a bit of relief in her eyes.

"I always get what I want", I said stepping closer to her. She seemed nervous but still tried to mask it by acting tough.

"Why are you following me, don't you have a life?" She said but I ignored her. I pushed her against the car that was behind us and she winced in pain causing me to get worried. She looked me but all I saw was her and that guy. My anger spiked again and I grabbed her shoulders, growling 'Mine' before I kissed her.