Chapter 2

Questioning 1

Q: please state your name and age.

Brooke Hyland:

Brooke Hyland, nineteen, now when
can l get out of this freak zone?

Madison Ziegler:

Madison Ziegler, seventeen. Now can I go home? The Walking Dead's on tonight and if I miss I'll screw your face up so much you wish you were murdered.

Kendall Vertes:

Kendall K Vertes, seventeen, I did nothing, IF YOU DON'T LET ME OUT OF HERE NOW I SWEAR TO GOD ILL- (recording was paused for fowl language)

Chloe Lukasiak:

Chloe Lukasiak, eighteen. Can l go home arrest one of these losers l'm innocent.

Q: state your grade and school you attend.

Brooke:

Senior, I was held back last year, and Franklin High.

Madison:

Junior, and I now attend Franklin High, but was homeschooled when I was little until seventh grade.

Kendall:

Junior, and Franklin High.

Chloe:

Junior, Franklin High, but l used to go to paintbrush high, and no, it's not a made-up name, it's really that ridiculous.

Detective

The tapes play over and over again, nothing lining up for me. All my leads were thrown out. Brooke is still in high school, so she could have written the diary, and none of them are homeschooled. Nothing's lining up yet. I toss the tap into the evidence box, throwing back my head. l pull the diary of the desk, flipping to the next entry.

Wh o do you think the killer is?